Tripadvisor
Rochester

“Great wing, great service”
Review of Buffalo Wild Wings

Buffalo Wild Wings
Order Online
Ranked #222 of 344 Restaurants in Rochester
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

If you love hot wings, you would definitely love Buffalo Wild Wings. They have a vast variety of sauces and dry rubs, everything from very hot to very mild. Also they have other items such as burgers and fries.

The atmosphere is inviting, the restaurant is clean, and the staff are friendly and professional. My server, Erika, was absolutely amazing.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (30)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We went to BWW south Saturday night with my two little grandchildren.Haven't been there in awhile so thought we would try it out again. I don't usually leave reviews but felt this was important for the owner/management to see. 1st impression is that the HIP HOP music was so loud that you couldn't talk! I guess we should've just turned around and walked out but the weather was horrible and didn't want to travel far...I only live 2 blocks away. We sat in the booth near the music machine and the employees kept adding more hip hop music (I could read it that close). I asked the server if the music was free and she said that you have to pay for it so are the employees adding music? I thought about paying to change the music and then suggest to have it turn the volume down a bit, but I didn't. To make a long story short, I won't be back to have a very un-relaxed atmosphere where the food is overpriced and less than average. Our server did a nice job, however.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed July 1, 2019

I hadn't been here for several months so thought I'd give them another chance, if anything this place has gotten even more terrible. My partner and I order the medium boneless wing plate with 3 sauces. They no longer bring them out in paper boats and instead give you a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Of each flavor we got between 4 and 6 tiny pieces of cold chicken, some coated with sauce some not at all. The breading on the outside it hard and obviously just came from the freezer (if the cold center didn't give that away yet). The celery was the only palatable part of the meal and even that seemed like it may have come from the freezer as well. I've given this place enough chances to redeem itself and will not be going back. There are plenty of places in Rochester that do not specialize in wings but can make them 100 times better than this place. If I haven't painted a clear enough picture yet, we had 2 tall beers and a handful of boneless wings and our tab was $28 before tip.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed April 10, 2019

I have always had polite and fast service here which is why I keep going back even though in my opinion the wings have gone down hill. I cannot not speculate on the other menu items as when I go here it's always boneless and/or traditional wings that I order. It is becoming more and more obvious that I am being served something that just came out of a freezer, often chewy, sometimes has that freezer burn flavor... The sauces are great, my favorite is mango habanero (spicy). I understand this is a franchise restaurant but you would think that since "wings" is in the name that they would try to cook a better one. I still recommend to give them a chance and I hope that you have a better meal than me. Beers are cold, fast friendly service.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed February 4, 2019 via mobile

You always know what you're going to get, be it good, drinks or service and atmosphere. We ordered boneless wi gs with our 3 sauces of choice being Asian zing (spicey), honey bbq (sweet and delicious), honey mustard (least favorite but still good). We also ordered some beer battered onion rings which were served with a chipotle sauce that went well with the wings too! The service was prompt and she was very friendly. The only issue was that we got there early enough so there weren't very many tables filled and they still sat us at the first table just inside the door when the temp was -15 outside. Very chilly every time the door opened. Other than that, the beer was good, the food was good, the service was above average and the TVs were all on! Decent value for the meal.

Date of visit: February 2019

Been to Buffalo Wild Wings? Share your experiences!