“Very accommodating!”

TownePlace Suites Rochester
Ranked #30 of 50 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed recently for one night while moving my son to town. I need to change the type of room that I reserved and they were easily able to upgrade me when requested. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Although we didn't use them, there were 2 pools and a large fitness room. There were many choices for breakfast and plenty of seating. I had a suite that was clean and comfortable. It was very quiet on the top floor. It would be perfect for a much longer visit. I really only chose this hotel because it was part of the Marriott system, but I will definitely stay here whenever in Rochester.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights in May 2014. The hotel seemed to be well maintained. My room was a nice size, clean, and everything worked. Did not use the included kitchen, but would be handy if traveling with a family. Staff was friendly. Morning breakfast was very good and included hot items, eggs, sausage, potatoes, and waffles. Location is close to the IBM facility where I had business. Would stay again without hesitation.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 11, 2014

I choose this hotel because they have a kitchen that is equipped with a full-size refrigerator. I always have a lot of stuff that I need to store cold when I travel and it also gives me the opportunity to make my own food.
The hotel has an older design, but is well-kept and clean. Windows can be opened, which I like a lot, as this gives the room a so much cleaner feel.
Both housekeeping and front desk are fine. The breakfast is very simple, but a bagel and coffee are fine for me.
I traveled for business, but this hotel will be very good for extended stays and for all the people that travel to Rochester because of the Mayo clinic. There are shops and supermarkets close by, but I guess you have to drive to Rochester downtown for a nice restaurant.
I have stayed here several times and everytime I find the hotel slightly hard to find, as there are other extended stay hotels in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 8, 2014

I travel a lot more than I review, but I got to say that this was MOSTLY a nice hotel. I stayed an entire week, so I'm nitpicking on a couple of things that would be worth their attention to upgrade:

1. 6 days of peace....and 1 day of purgatory. Saturday was a complete zoo. It was party central all day long with what seemed like two or three hundred non-guests coming in and out for multiple birthday parties in their nice pool area. It was zany and out of control. Unacceptable for such a nice hotel. There were even locals who rented 1 room, and brought all 12 of their family members to hang out in the hallways, outside area, and pool area. Multiply that several times over, and it was a total crappy transformation. This was supposed to be a rest day for us from being at Mayo all week, and there was constant noise in other rooms and the hallway. YUCK.
2. They have a nice little basketball court, but it could be a nicer with a bit of effort. One goal was gone or ripped down, the other was too low and bent rim. Clean it up folks. And put a retaining fence to keep the balls from rolling into the nearby creek bed. And maybe make sure the basketballs have air in them?

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank TheOriginalDoctorA
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Short of taking your family to one of the big, expensive watermark hotels, this is the best hotel pool setup for kids that I have ever seen. There are actually two indoor pools; one deep (5ft) and one shallow. Both have water slides and the shallow one also has a fountain feature. My kids are no longer young, but we enjoyed going down there and chilling in the hot tub while watching other little kids just having a blast. If a family member was at Mayo for an extended stay, I can't imagine how much of a blessing this place would be. Additionally, our room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Wifi was free and fast (no trouble streaming movies). The breakfast had plenty to choose from and a fair amount of seating. The pillows were a little stiff for my taste, but a very minor complaint.

Room Tip: I like being higher up so that I don't have people walking over my head.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 13, 2014

We recently traveled to Rochester for a series of appointments at the Mayo Clinic. Others' reviews about the toddler-friendly pool at the Towne Place Suites drew our attention, and we were very happy that we chose to stay here. Our two-year old LOVED the kiddie pool area, which was clean and not over-treated with pool chemicals.

The two-bedroom suite was spacious and accommodating, providing enough room for us to gather as a family while also allowing enough space for us and my parents, who traveled with us, to have some privacy. The in-room kitchen facilities were nice, though the table space was not large enough for a party of 5 to enjoy a "home-cooked" meal together. Small inconvenience, though.

Hot breakfast was very nice, and well supplied.

Shuttle to the Mayo Clinic was extremely convenient, and always on-time.

We considered paying twice as much to stay closer to the Clinic, but in the end, were very happy with our decision to stay off-campus. Should we return to the Rochester area, we will not hesitate to book rooms here again!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

We came here for an in-state stay cation, and the pool was our first reason for choosing this place! The zero-depth pool was awesome for our kids! The rooms are spacious and modern, with the suite providing ample space to keep us feeling like we had a bit of privacy from the kids. The kitchen was a nice bonus!! We will stay here again!

Stayed: March 2014