“Typical SpringHill but with useless internet service!”

SpringHill Suites Rochester Mayo Clinic Area/Saint Marys
Ranked #12 of 50 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed November 16, 2011

Currently being redone. New carpet, furniture, and paint. Stayed in a newly redone room. i have stayed on this property many times over the past years. My wife has a bad heart and seems to end up in St. Marys hosiptal fairly oftenn. Problem is if you need to conduct business while there forget this place! i am not sure what is going on. i used to have no problem. Now there is terribly internet connectivity and the staff is unable to resolve. i was there for three nights and was unable to access my companies intranet. i finally ran some speed tests and could see why. During the test, it would just sit there, after sometime it would download briefly at an average of .7 MB, then upload at 1.1MB. i could not even access the yahoo web site. The property is fine if you don't need internet access. Soon new rooms, typical breakfast, friendly staff, although unable to resolve internet.

there for three

Room Tip: try to get first floor. elevator is probably the slowest I have seen.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
SpringhillGM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Rochester Mayo Clinic Area/Saint Marys, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I sincerely apologize for the lack of internet service at our hotel. I'm sure it was extremely frustrating and very inconvenient. We have shared your comments with our service provider and will take the necessary steps to resolve this issue. Please accept my apologies.

Reviewed September 18, 2011

We stayed here a year ago when my husband was diagnose with a very rare bone marrow cancer. We are getting ready to stay again. We recommend and we are hotel snobs. While we have certainly stayed in nicer hotels in our life, this one is comfortable, convenient, has a friendly staff, and you cannot beat the value.

• Stayed: October 2010
Ryan M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Rochester Mayo Clinic Area/Saint Marys, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2016

Reviewed September 12, 2011

We were here because my dad had surgery at St. Mary's with a Mayo Doctor. This hotel is VERY convenient and there is a Caribou Coffee that opens at 5am on the way to the hospital. It is a 5 minute walk to the hospital. Internet was not always great, but it is free (like it should be!). Staff was wonderful at the front desk. Go to their website and check for deals especially on the weekends there are special rates if it is upcoming.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed August 22, 2011

Loved the hotel when we were there in July with a rental car. Friendly and efficient staff, clean rooms, great hot breakfast. We found we did not need a car as accessibility to Mayo by city transportation or St. Mary's bus was adequate for our needs. The hotel was MUCH better than another similarly rated hotel in the area that we had stayed at. The only negatives - the furniture in the 'living room' area was woefully outdated and there was only one drawer to use for clothes, not nearly enough for a weeks stay.

Room Tip: We had a room on the first floor and after leaving for the weekend were given a room on the 3rd floo...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 12, 2011

I can't say enough about how wonderful the staff and hotel is. How convenient for my family to stay with a loved one just across the street. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in the area except this hotel, with clean rooms, great staff, wonderful breakfast....I couldn't ask for anything more!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2011

The hotel was clean! I saw none of the problems listed in the previous review. The room had a separate sitting area with a flat screen tv, microwave, refrigerator, and desk. Breakfast was decent including the normal continental stuff plus yogurt, apples, bananas, eggs, sausage, and make your own waffles. Staff was friendly. Drawbacks: very small pool and lumpy bad pillows. I got this room on Priceline for $55.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bubbletone
Reviewed June 12, 2011

While my spouse was undergoing tests at Mayo Clinic, we stayed here the first week. The rooms are tiny, but worse than that they were FILTHY! If I had walked around the room for a few minutes barefooted before my shower, the water in the tub would turn black as I stepped in...as if I had been walking around outdoors barefoot! The exercise room was one treadmill and one elliptical machine in a room so tiny they had to be set on the diagonal. One of the doors to the lobby was out of order and had yellow tape over it the entire time we were there. This hotel is in dire need of a serious scrubbing and facelift!

The second week, we moved to the Courtyard. It was only slightly more expensive but worlds nicer.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank bbstx
TorgersonProperties, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Rochester Mayo Clinic Area/Saint Marys, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2011

I am embarrassed and so sorry as I read your review of our hotel. Our team of associates and I hold ourselves to a much higher standard than you experienced. There is no excuse for any of our guests receiving anything less than a spotlessly clean suite. Please accept my apologies. I have shared your comments with your team and will take any steps necessary to ensure all our guests receive the best service we can provide