Hampton Inn Rochester
Doubletree.com
$134
$127
  • Breakfast included
Super 8 Rochester Mayo Clinic Area(Rochester)(Great Value!)
$64
$89
$219
$197
  • Pool
All reviewssoupmayo clinicevery half hourshuttle servicecomplimentary breakfastshuttle busrooms are cleanoatmealfresh fruitgreat place to staythe hotel staffhome away from homefitness centerbed was very comfortableexercise roomthe breakfast areafront desk staff
Reviewed March 22, 2009

This hotel is absolutely nasty! Since alot of Mayo patients stay at this hotel, you would think that it would be more concerning to be sanitary- it WASN"T!!!!!! The whole entire hotel is carpeting which can hold infections lie crazy. Also the carpets look like they've never been shampooed in like 15 years. The soup that they serve is old, nasty, and goopey. I strongly recommend to travel downtown though and eat at a fabulous Italian restaurant calles Victoria's. It was SUPURB!!! Anyway, the rooms smelled like an old annex and the bathroom lights flicker like CRAZY!!!! The location is kind of lousy and the service is medocrie. Also, the breakfast is nothing but cereal and bannas, so either go to the nearby grocery store and buy breakfast, or go downtown to various restaurants. The pool was the only good part of this hotel. Rochester- pretty city, but the Hampton Inn is anything but.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed March 21, 2009

I stayed here 2 nights, one of them unplanned as my Mayo visit lasted longer than I had planned. I selected it based on Tripadvisor reviews as I was looking for a very quiet, clean, reasonably priced hotel not too far from Mayo. The room was really clean, spacious enough, free HBO etc, they offer free soup at night (I didn't have any), as well as a breakfast typical of a hotel of this type in the morning. A nice perk for those of us who have to fast for bloodwork, they offer brown bags with an apple, granola bar, water that you can take with you. They have a shuttle service which I didn't use b/c I thought I would be leaving after my appt. The drive to Mayo took about 5 minutes tops, and was very easy. The front desk was helpful when I was looking for a movie theatre and printed out movie times. Overall this hotel prides itself on cleanliness, customer service and they hold up their end of the bargain on both. The rooms were quiet and beds super comfy w/your choice of pillow firmness or softness. I would stay again and in fact did after I checked out the first night and learned I needed to stay another night; I went back to this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 5, 2009

I stayed 5 nights feb. 22 - 26 while taking a teen daughter to Mayo Clinic. The staff (Dan, Mike, Matthew, etc.) were fabulous!!! I took the complimentary shuttle every day to Mayo and found the drivers always polite and quite pleasant as the visits to the clinic can be very draining. Went to the 24 hour pool and hot tub one night and had a great time! I especially felt the staff members treated everyone like a family member and went beyond requirements to make all feel welcome and comfortable. Couldn't have had a better place to stay while at Mayo Clinic. By the way...the shuttle takes approx. 8 mins. to get to Mayo!!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed February 21, 2009

Recently had to visit Rochester for the Mayo clinic and stayed at the Hampton inn. Checked in and Mike was at the front desk. Couldnt have been any more friendlier or nicer. A bonus to the hotel in dealing with Mike. If all employees were like Mike, all hotels would be 5 stars. Actually, the whole staff was wonderful, but I only remember Mike, but I give accomendations to the whole staff. I dont know the age of the property, but all the amenities work, the pool is open, and in the rooms, they are very very well kept. From seeing the room, it looks to be no older than 1 year, but I know its older. A testament to housekeeping on how well they are kept up. Great Job! As I mentioned, we were there for some testing, and there is a shuttle that runs every 1/2 hour, so you can always make your appointments as well as the return trips from the Mayo center. The clinic itself is only about 2-3 miles away, but by shuttle about 4-5 minutes....always a plus in Minnesota winters! No need to wait, or call the hotel or even park in town, which I hear is $12.00 a day. For mornings the usual breakfast fare, cereal, breads, juices coffees fruits, and some pancakes also. Overall, you WILL definately be satisfied if you stay here.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2009

Decent stay in Rochester, MN. Here on business at Mayo and would stay again. 5-10 mins from Mayo Hospital.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)