“Nice clean comfy”

Hampton Inn Rochester
Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed November 5, 2011

Stayed here 1 night. Hotel was nice room very clean. Good breakfast spread. Pool looked roomy but didn't use it. Overall would stay again next time in Rochester.

• Stayed: November 2011
HamptonGM75, General Manager at Hampton Inn Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2011

Thanks for your compliments about our high levels of cleanliness. We are very proud of our seasoned housekeeping staff. Our lead housekeeper has been on board for 15 years!

We are glad you liked our breakfast. We keep working on improving it every day. It now has hot oatmeal with assorted fruit and nut toppings.

And finally, we are excited to announce our property will be going through a million dollar makeover in January-February 2012! Stay tuned for a total new look to our public spaces like our lobby, business center, fitness center, and breakfast area.

All our best to you and your family this holiday time of year. May 2012 bring you only great things!

Reviewed September 12, 2011

We have been going to Mayo Clinic for years and have just discovered this hotel in the past year. WE have visited it four times now and each time are very impressed with the service, rooms, and hospitality.

Here is a true story: In August we went for our four day, yearly exam at Mayo. WHen we got to the room we found that two lights were not working. Too tired to call desk, we waited until the next evening when we returned to mention it to the manager. We assumed it would be fixed later or the next day. Oh NO - he and another employee almost beat us to the room. Had one lamp fixed and one replaced in a New York minute!

That is not all. As he left he asked if we likes pie. He said he was going to bring us two slices of pie for our trouble. Twenty minutes later he was at the door with TWO whole pies! We stored them in the room refigerator and enjoyed them every evening. ....And we thought scraping our windshield last winter was something.

This Hampton Inn is wonderful and we plan to stay there each time we are in Rochester.

2  Thank Leland26
Reviewed September 6, 2011

The staff could not do enough for you during the stay. They were friendly, interactive and continually checked to see if everything was OK. We normally stay at Hamptons, but everyone here went over and above. Yes, it is an older hotel and does not have some of the amenities a newer inn would have (ie. larger gym, rooms) but it is clean. This hotel does have mini refrigerators in the room which the north Hampton does not which was very important to us since we were spending a week. Andrew Thilges, the manager, knows how to run an inn with the emphasis on quality customer service.

Reviewed August 20, 2011

The property is well kept and the rooms are decent in size and furnishings. The bed is OK, nothing really special. It was cool enough that I was able to open the window to my room and sleep with the air off most of the week.

The breakfast buffet has enough choice for most people, although the area kind of small so space is a premium. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the various breakfast attendants did a better than average job of keeping the buffet stocked.

This hotel is in a good location, a few decent restaurants in walking distance, a short drive to most stores and downtown Rochester. If you are coming here for the Mayo Clinic, they do have a shuttle. Another good experience at a Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 17, 2011

All the staff was friendly and helpfull. The full breakfast was great and lasted until 10:00 am. The shuttle bus is soooo wonderful, no worries on getting to the clinic on time and returning to rest. The pool had toys for kids and a nice relaxing spa. There was a frig in our room and microwaves availble in the vending area and breakfast area, they even leave plates and utencils out, so we didn't have to eat out every night. Shopping is only a mile down the road, ok restaurants within walking distance. Do yourself a favor and stay here.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank swells6130
Reviewed August 14, 2011

I haven't been writing as many reviews as I should, but I just HAD to go out of my way for this one. I travelled to Rochester with my family for my cousin's wedding, and could not have felt more at home. The people who work there are just genuinely...nice. I am not used to such people in Jersey, lol. They gave me walking directions to the local stores when I needed to get away from my mother (heh heh), rushed to get me bottled water because I appeared thirsty (from walking, I guess), and made sure I had my fill of hard boiled eggs for breakfast (I bodybuild, so it was a HUGE convenience).

The room was comfy - bed was great. I loved the bathroom. It wasn't big at all, just modern and pleasing to the eye and senses.

And let me tell you, this place is CLEAN. I swear you can eat off the floor. There is also hand sanitizer in a few places :)

The gym wasn't much, but I was grateful to have it - it got me through the weekend. The weights only go up to 15 lbs, so I couldn't exactly build muscle - just conditioning.

There is even a computer with internet access you can use if you are one of the few people left on this Earth without a Smartphone :)

Didn't have time for the pool, but it looked good from a distance.

All in all, I was one happy camper. Our flight got cancelled the next day, and although our stay at the other place was free, you bet your sweet *** I missed my Hampton Inn that very night.

Reviewed August 13, 2011

We spent one night there and found it to be excellent value, especially in comparison the Marriott Courtyard. They had a full buffet breakfast (included). The room was clean and comfortable. They also had free Wifi. And we were told they have shuttle service to the Mayo Clinic on a regular basis (we did not use it). Would definitely stay there again

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business