“Good location, have yet to have a bad experience at a Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn Rochester
Ranked #5 of 52 Hotels in Rochester
Pittsburgh, PA
“Good location, have yet to have a bad experience at a Hampton Inn”
Reviewed August 20, 2011

The property is well kept and the rooms are decent in size and furnishings. The bed is OK, nothing really special. It was cool enough that I was able to open the window to my room and sleep with the air off most of the week.

The breakfast buffet has enough choice for most people, although the area kind of small so space is a premium. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the various breakfast attendants did a better than average job of keeping the buffet stocked.

This hotel is in a good location, a few decent restaurants in walking distance, a short drive to most stores and downtown Rochester. If you are coming here for the Mayo Clinic, they do have a shuttle. Another good experience at a Hampton Inn.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Cameron, North Carolina
Reviewed August 17, 2011

All the staff was friendly and helpfull. The full breakfast was great and lasted until 10:00 am. The shuttle bus is soooo wonderful, no worries on getting to the clinic on time and returning to rest. The pool had toys for kids and a nice relaxing spa. There was a frig in our room and microwaves availble in the vending area and breakfast area, they even leave plates and utencils out, so we didn't have to eat out every night. Shopping is only a mile down the road, ok restaurants within walking distance. Do yourself a favor and stay here.

Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank swells6130
Edison, NJ
Reviewed August 14, 2011

I haven't been writing as many reviews as I should, but I just HAD to go out of my way for this one. I travelled to Rochester with my family for my cousin's wedding, and could not have felt more at home. The people who work there are just genuinely...nice. I am not used to such people in Jersey, lol. They gave me walking directions to the local stores when I needed to get away from my mother (heh heh), rushed to get me bottled water because I appeared thirsty (from walking, I guess), and made sure I had my fill of hard boiled eggs for breakfast (I bodybuild, so it was a HUGE convenience).

The room was comfy - bed was great. I loved the bathroom. It wasn't big at all, just modern and pleasing to the eye and senses.

And let me tell you, this place is CLEAN. I swear you can eat off the floor. There is also hand sanitizer in a few places :)

The gym wasn't much, but I was grateful to have it - it got me through the weekend. The weights only go up to 15 lbs, so I couldn't exactly build muscle - just conditioning.

There is even a computer with internet access you can use if you are one of the few people left on this Earth without a Smartphone :)

Didn't have time for the pool, but it looked good from a distance.

All in all, I was one happy camper. Our flight got cancelled the next day, and although our stay at the other place was free, you bet your sweet *** I missed my Hampton Inn that very night.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
USA
Reviewed August 13, 2011

We spent one night there and found it to be excellent value, especially in comparison the Marriott Courtyard. They had a full buffet breakfast (included). The room was clean and comfortable. They also had free Wifi. And we were told they have shuttle service to the Mayo Clinic on a regular basis (we did not use it). Would definitely stay there again

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Front desk crew was helpful. Shuttle ran on time and drivers were courteous. Room was very clean. I especially like the fact that the windows opened for a bit of fresh air. Also, instructions such as, "pls don't use Scents or Sprays in the room" were followed. Although I did not eat breakfast, everything looked good. Also, the Trolley tour in town was enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
dune acres indiana
Reviewed August 2, 2011

On our road trip this July, we stayed a three HIs: a brand new one, one open probably 3-4 years and this one, which was clearly the oldest of the three. They all offered the same friendly, helpful service and new styled HI touches. While the newest Inn was somewhat nicer, as can be expected, the Rochester inn still offered a clean, well appointed room, comfy beds and free WiFi. Breakfast was excellent as well. So, we really had no complaints. We would stat here again if we're back In Rochester. Recommend it .

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jayclay1
Templeton, California
Reviewed May 16, 2011

Our group was 8 (middle aged sibs and elderly father). This was my BEST experience ever! Very clean rooms, FANTASTIC and accomodating staff. Really, I've never gotten this great of service in even 5 star hotels! I now know that Minnesotans are the nicest, most polite people Ive ever encountered, but these people were above and beyond! They do a huge business for the Mayo Clinic, which is so awesome, but we were ordinary family people travelling for a reunion. I intend to try Hampton now everywhere I go, but I bet no one will ever top this staff! Thank you so much for making our trip a pleasure on every level (pizza on the patio, takeout in the pool area, family coming and going: no problem). Thank you everyone. I understand why you have a trophy case of awards. I can't remember the manager's name, but clearly, the service starts at the top. Thank you thank you! (if I were ill and going to the Mayo, I would be so grateful for this wonderful service!
Anne Wheeler, and 6 sibilings and our Dad, from California