“Buyer Beware”
Review of Martini's

Martini's
Ranked #113 of 301 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American
Description: At Martini's, you'll enjoy carefully crafted drinks and a wide variety of fresh fare in a relaxing environment. Plan your visit to the best grill and bar in Rochester, Minnesota today
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin, United States
“Buyer Beware”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

On previous trips to Rochester, I had made it a point to have a drink at Martini's, the lounge in the Kahler Grand hotel, where I stay. Usually, I quaff a brew and engage in cordial conversation with other patrons sitting at the bar, most of whom are also from out of state and visiting the Mayo Clinic. This time I happened in during the cocktail hour and decided to have a whisky old fashioned. It arrived with no garnish, a factor which was no big deal. And then my change arrived, which, to me, was a big deal. I thought the bartender had made a mistake.

"How much was this drink," I inquired. He went to his computer screen and subsequently informed me, "Ten dollars and forty cents."

"You've got to be kidding," I retorted. To which he replied, "Yeah, I think it's kind of high, too."

Perhaps it's just me, but I had always thought it was a bit tacky and unnecessary to inquire about the price of a drink. Thanks to Martini's, I no longer feel that way.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank fishfryaficianado

Atlanta
“In hotel bar”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This little bar is tucked in at the entrance of the Kahler Grand Grill. The staff really goes out of their way to give great service and handle special orders.

Visited August 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
“Upgraded tipical hotel restaurant”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

The menu is adequate. The pricing typical hotel type prices. The best deal was the all you can eat soup and salad at lunch for $10. The soup was excellent. Service is friendly . There is outdoor sidewalk seating in good weather.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank larry h
Bentonville, AR
“Good drinks, skip the food.”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Good drinks and outdoor seating for the THursday night activities. I had a open turkey sandwich and it was cafeteria grade.

Visited July 2013
Rochester, Minnesota
“Great Martinis”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I have had the martinis here and they are very good. They have a wide range of flavors and the quality is good. The service is decent, but not great. I have not eaten the food here and can honestly say I am not interested in trying it. To me this place is for drinks only, and I am happy with that.

• Visited March 2013