“A "Grand" place to stay.”
Review of Kahler Grand Hotel

Kahler Grand Hotel
Ranked #37 of 50 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed August 17, 2010

My stay at the Kahler Grand was chosen because of it's location to the Mayo Clinic as my husband would be receiving tests and treatments there. Our stay at the Grand was an excellant choice and did provide patient pricing. We were able to park our vehicle and not need it until we had to leave. All that we needed was in walking distance from the Kahler. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and quiet. I plan to stay there again with future appointments at the Clinic. Also if you are just visiting Rochester, MN, the Kahler's location is a great place to stay to take in this area. Don't hesitate to stay at the Kahler Grand.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,308)

Reviewed August 15, 2010

The service and staff at this hotel is outstanding and of the highest quality.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2010

While I did not have to pay for this hotel as I'm here for business, I wouldn't recommend it. The walls of the rooms are paper thin and I can hear everything that the folks next door are saying and what's on their TV. The bathroom has a marginally functioning toilet and bathtub. It is clean, the staff are friendly, but if you need a good night sleep and don't want to worry about the plumbing, stay elsewhere when in Rochester. My collegues are reporting similar experiences so I know I'm not alone. Also when I went to check out the fitness center, it was at about 100 degrees with zero ventilation, not conducive to working out without serious risk of overheating. Ironically the sauna in the womens room was broken but you could just sit in the fitness room I guess for the same experience.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 2, 2010

From the moment I made my reservations on line to the time we checked out we couldn't have been more satisfied with the overall service of the Kahler Grand Hotel. More importantly was the proximity of the hotel to the Mayo Clinic. We had direct access to the clinic and never had to step outside. We also enjoyed the on site restuarant's and lounges. Bottom line, the Kahler Grand Hotel is an outstanding value and extremely convenient.

Reviewed July 29, 2010

Wonderful location in Mayo Clinic area. Priced from about $89 to $109. Nice staff. Absent owners. Old property built in English dark old style. Tiny bathroom 40" x 80" added to corner of old room. Mismatched furniture. Smelly industrial carpet. Lousy room service and even worse restaurants. Some rooms have no closet - only hanging racks. Clientile seem to be Mayo patients on very limited budgets . This was my first and last stay here...back to the Marriott or the Marriott Residence Inn. If you can afford anything better don't stay here.

Reviewed July 21, 2010

Great service an very accomadating to Mayo clinic patients.

Reviewed July 21, 2010

GREAT STAFF! GREAT LOCATION! GREAT VALUE!! I have stayed there about 20 times over last 5 years.