1,466 results
All reviews grand grill economy room across the street lord essex mayo clinic peace plaza an older hotel gonda building methodist hospital free parking convenient location fitness center downtown rochester mayo buildings mayo visit subway convenience
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I made the mistake of making 1 night reservation instead of 2 nights. When checking in we realized my mistake. I had booked on trip advisor and my rate was $217.58 which included taxes. When asked if we could book another night the front desk attendant said the price would be an increase and total $220.00 plus tax. I said I would go to room and then call down to make reservation since I wanted to discuss with my husband. On our way to dinner (2hours later) we asked to make reservation and were told the price had gone up $330.00 plus tax. Once again we decided to go to dinner and on our way back from dinner we stopped by the desk with the decision to go ahead and get the $330.00since we had already unpacked and we were told by attendant sorry we are booked and have no available rooms anymore. The next morning we checked out and I got on line to look for another hotel when low and behold the Kahler Grand Hotel came up as an option. I made a reservation at the same hotel that had just informed me they were booked for $130.00 plus tax. So the original room the night before was a deluxe and this one a standard we were thrilled to have any room that meant we did not have to move hotels. We had asked before if the option for a lesser room or anything room was available and were told no that the hotel was booked. Wanted to pass this information on should you Find yourself in this predicament.

Room Tip: Such large range of room conditions I would ask to see room before deciding.
Stayed: September 2018, traveled on business
KGManager, Guest Relations Manager at Kahler Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear BettyIllinois,

We never seek to disappoint our guests, so we sincerely apologize for the reservation shortfalls you encountered. Thank you for bringing your concerns to light as we will share these with our management team to be addressed immediately. We strive to provide an exceptional experience and exceed your expectations. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to a more enjoyable experience at The Kahler Grand Hotel in the future.

Reviewed September 5, 2018

Stayed here for 6 nights, the hotel front desk staff during the late check in was rude and unfriendly and not helpful. During the day the staff were better. This hotel and its amenities are old. Location is great close to everything. Needs a major clean as the rooms were dirty and smelled of cigarettes despite me requesting a non smoking room. The bathroom was dirty and looked like something out of a public rest room. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
KGManager, Guest Relations Manager at Kahler Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback, Wanderer464195,

We're sincerely sorry to hear that your experience wasn't up to par. Providing our guests with exceptional service and outstanding accommodations is something we take seriously. Please know that your comments will be reviewed with the appropriate members of our team so we may improve for the future.

We hope you'll give us another chance to show you the service we're truly capable of providing.

Reviewed September 5, 2018

This hotel is located across the street from the Mayo/Gonda buildings of the Mayo Clinic. The hotel is old but has been kept up. We had a nice corner room with windows that opened. The bathrooms are dated but clean. Parking deck attached to the hotel. I stayed at this hotel 35 years ago and again last week; it remains mostly the same - friendly staff, clean rooms, Starbucks in the building, convenient to a variety of good restaurants and interesting shops. The hotel was quiet. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
KGManager, Guest Relations Manager at Kahler Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2018

Dear Pippadude,

We are happy to know that our location fit your travel needs and that our friendly staff provided you with exceptional customer service that we strive for. We hope to see you again the next time you are in town. Should you need anything further, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Reviewed August 31, 2018

The Kathleen Grand is the perfect place to stay as an out of town patient at the Mayo Clinic. It is literally ground zero., immediately adjacent to the Gonda and Mayo buildings. The hotel is connected to the Mayo Clinic via an underground tunnel (walking subway system) and a number of other buildings in downtown Rochester through a skywalk system that connects to the hotel’s mezzanine level. I have stayed at this facility numerous times and always been very pleased with the entire experience. I strongly recommend the Grand Kathler Hotel when visiting the Mayo Clinic.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business

Dear Hock7777,

It is great to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we appreciate your kind comments regarding close proximity, overall service, and clean room accommodations! We hope you will consider us again the next time you are town. Should you need anything further, please do not hesitate to let us know as it is our pleasure to serve you with all our heart.

Reviewed August 27, 2018

My room was clean with a comfortable bed, but the room was quite small and bathroom was quit small compared to most places I've stayed. For a safe place to sleep it was adequate and was very convenient to the Mayo Clinic.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
KGManager, Guest Relations Manager at Kahler Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2018

Dear William,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We appreciate your candid feedback and are pleased you enjoyed your overall visit. We look forward to hosting you once again should you be back in the area.