Kahler Grand Hotel
Broadway Plaza(Rochester)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
1,425 results
All reviewsgrand grilleconomy roomacross the streetlord essexmayo clinicpeace plazagonda buildingan older hotelmethodist hospitalfree parkingconvenient locationfitness centerdowntown rochestermayo buildingsmayo visitsubwayconvenience
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Our room had the smallest bathroom I have ever seen. Luckily the sink was in the main room, because you couldn't turn around because the toilet and shower were so close together. Black mold growing in the bathroom. The water had a horrible bleach smell. It was so bad I needed bottled water to brush my teeth. The heat didn't work until it was 40 degrees or colder outside. They did offer a space heater, and extra blankets.
The location to Mayo Clinic is fantastic, and the staff very prompt and friendly. I can't say anything of that could make up the for how terribly outdated and dirty the room was.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Scott M, Manager at Kahler Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

We appreiciate your honest comments. We are constantly updating and changing as we go. We hope you will try us again in the near future as we have many different room types to choose from. Again, thank you for helping us get better.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

During a recent visit, I forgot my Kindle charger and was looking at a long day of waiting around for medical tests without anything to read. I asked front desk personnel if perhaps someone had forgotten a charger in a room that I could use. No luck. However, one of the front desk people offered to charge it from a computer, and in just a couple of hours I had a completely charged Kindle! Thank you for great service.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Scott M, Manager at Kahler Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Glad we could help charge your Kindle. Thanks for staying at the Kahler Grand.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Two nights spent in a very small and very dated room with rattling heater, hard bed, and tepid rather than hot water have me wondering if my fellow reviewers stayed in the same hotel they raved about! Yes, the rate was very good, the staff friendly, and the location the best. However, on business the measure is comfort, functionality, and quiet of the room--and all three were substandard. Spend a few dollars more to lodge elsewhere until this hotel again lives up to its name.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Scott M, Manager at Kahler Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

We can only try to meet up to everyone's expectations. Please do know that we are always trying to improve and become the hotel that will only get better and better. I hope you will check back and see the improvements the next time you are in town. Thank you for helping us.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

The Kahler was the perfect choice of hotels for our visit to Rochester. It is conveniently located in downtown Rochester with easy access to The Mayo Clinic. Before my surgery my husband and I enjoyed the ease of the walkways with convenient indoor access across streets. After my surgery we enjoyed the convenience of the subway walkways and close location to Rochester Methodist. When I returned to the hotel post-operatively I was put at ease by knowing there were nurses available and at hand if needed. In addition, my stay was made even better by the room service staff. The day I got out of the hospital and returned to The Kahler with my husband was my birthday. Part of our room special that we selected for the weekend was a free movie and pizza. When the pizza came to the room it smelled amazing. However they had it all set up so I was able to sit at the table they brought in with my husband and have a fancy dinner. It was lovely. I highly recommend The Kahler.

• Stayed: October 2013

Sounds like you had a wonderful visit. Thank you for choosing the Kahler Grand.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

The room was exactly what I expected, they were spotless. The bed was very comfortable and I am picky. The bathroom was a little outdated, but did the job! The location was very convenient and it was nice to go downstairs to get to my conference or get some frozen yogurt in the shopping area on the subway level. If you do want to go shopping, make sure you do it before 6pm.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review the Kahler Grand. Lots of shopping to be done here. We hope you had the time to fit it in. Oh and yes the frozen yogurt is really good.