Kahler Grand Hotel
Country Inn
$125
$72
$65
Super 8 Rochester Mayo Clinic Area(Rochester)(Great Value!)
$67
$64
$249
Doubletree.com
  • Pool
Comfort Suites Rochester(Rochester)(Great Value!)
$89
$140
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
1,384 results
All reviewsgrand grilleconomy roomacross the streetlord essexmayo clinicpeace plazagonda buildingan older hotelmethodist hospitalfree parkingconvenient locationfitness centerdowntown rochestermayo buildingsmayo visitsubwayconvenience
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 25, 2011

I stayed here for easy access to Mayo Clinic. The location is absolutely fantastic but the standard rooms ARE NOT. According to other reviews there must be nice rooms in this establishment but the two I stayed in were not very nice. My first night I stayed in a standard double with the most horribly uncomfortable bed. For my second night I had to move to a different room with a better bed. I was told by the desk staff that the standard kings had newer beds. The bed was much improved for my second night but the room was the same. The bathroom style AND function is from 1960. The tile was cracked with stained grout. The shower situation is bad; the erratic shower head just about look my skin off; it was like being sprayed with a pressure washer! The decoration and textiles were ratty, worn, and in dire need of revamping! In my standard king room the drapery rod had come undone from the bracket and was falling off the wall. Although there was a thermostat there was no way to control the temperature as the thermostat setting did not change the temperature or amount of air coming through the vent. The TV is about 15 years old, all of the lampshades are dirty, damaged, and crooked. Overall the very best thing about this hotel is location BUT there are better hotels (with updated rooms) just as close to the Mayo Clinic.

Room Tip: Ask for remodeled rooms!,
Reviewed July 24, 2011

The Kahler Grand is not the newest or the fanciest hotel you will ever stay in, but it has the class and style that one associates with a bygone era. Its most outstanding feature has to be the staff. Pleasant, helpful, genuine, going the extra mile; these people are the definition of "Minnesota Nice." The location is also terrific: an outdoor mall, underground specialty shops, terrific restaurants, and options at every price point. Don't make the mistake of thinking that this hotel is only for those who are looking for access to Mayo Clinic.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the on the street or mall.
Reviewed July 20, 2011

The people at Kahler Grand and their eating establishments are some of the most friendly, helpful people I've encountered in travelling. The room was clean and comfortable. Requests for extra bedding and room service were promptly delivered. The convenience to Mayo Clinic cannot be beat. We would definitely return to Kahler.

Reviewed July 18, 2011

A group of us stayed at the Kahler Grand and enjoyed our stay there. We stayed in one of the suites, which worked out nicely. The room was very spacious, could use some updating but other than that it was fine. The hotel itself was nice. The front desk staff was very helpful and nice.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 16, 2011

I was in town for a convention,while i was at the convention,on the second day of a three night stay,the cleaning staff did not pull my door shut after cleaning my room.i was just so blessed that no one crooked noticed this. as i left a lot of suits,nice dresses jewelry,also my main purse with all sorts of things that would make a thief happy! I notified the front desk ,they were not as concerned as i was! so i sent an email to management. the response was, we look forward to your future visits we apologize for what happened. o.k. fine,but i wish they would have at least told me how they remedied the situation,i am afraid if this could happen again i may not be so lucky!is it worth the risk????

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends