“Father of the Bride”

DoubleTree by Hilton Rochester / Mayo Clinic Area
Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Your help could be more organized. I ordered 1 more gallon of coffee at the front desk for a gift opening. went upstairs and an employee came over after about 10 minutes and asked what we wanted. We had a shuttle lined up to pick up guests at 11:30pm. A little past 11:30 I called to find out where the shuttle was, I was told the last shuttle was at 11:00. Then they read our wedding schedule and agreed that they would send one over to the Stone barn. We waited their while the rest of the wedding party was at a different location. We reserved many rooms at your hotel because of the services available. It would have been nice if the service was what we expected

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Pam P
DebKnox, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Rochester / Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Dear Pam P: Thank you for having your wedding guests stay with us and your gift opening. I want to apologize that the service wasn't up to standards. I have emailed your post to our banquet manager about the gift opening coffee. I also emailed our sales team and general manager about the shuttle service. We do use a third party for the shuttle, so I will see that they receive your post as well. Again, I apologize that the service was not up to our team's or your standards. We appreciate your business.
Deb Knox

Write a ReviewReviews (1,023)

Reviewed May 27, 2014

I have stayed at this Doubletree in Rochester MN, 9 times this year. The last 4 times i have been there, there has been what i would call major problems with my valet laundry service. I have requested "boxed" service for my shirts so that i can easily pack them when i leave and they have come back on hangers every time. The cleaner lost 4 pairs of my dress pants and i had to fly home without them. (The hotel did offer to ship them back to me when they were found) With the squeeky clean image this hotel has worked so hard to have, these valet service failing are just disapointing

1  Thank Jason S

Dear Jason S: Thank you for being such a loyal customer. I want to apologize that our valet laundry service has been what you requested. I have emailed your post to our Bell Captain and our General Manager so that they can discuss this with our third party laundry service. Again, we appreciate you staying with us so many times and we will work on this issue.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Clean hotel. Exterior construction underway but the staff appeared to work around it fairly well. Our room was facing S. Broadway, however, and at night, it was very noisy with traffic at the 4-way intersection.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Shannon R: Thank you very much for staying with us and for your post. Yes, we are in a downtown location so there is traffic noise. I apologize if this disrupted your evening. We hope that you enjoyed your stay with us and will stay with us agian.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

The air conditioner woke me up every half hour or so both nights of my stay. The room was too hot to sleep without the air conditioner. The staff was average at best. The survey says they were supposed to notify me of some comitment to quality, but nobody ever told me anything about that. This hotel is significantly overpriced for what you get. I got an event "discount" for the conference I was there for and still ended up paying $480 for my two nights of worthless sleep.

1  Thank Sam E
DebKnox, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Rochester / Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Dear Sam E: Thank you for staying with us during your conference. I am very sorry to hear that the air conditioning caused you reduced sleep. I have sent your post to our engineering department for review. Again, we apologize for your experience with us.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

I stayed at your location in Rodchester, Minnesota for a business conference and the venue for the conference, service from the staff, food provided at the meals for the conference were the best I've had in a long time! The rooms were clean and very comfortable. I'll look forward to any other chance I can stay with DoubleTree! Especially at your Rodchester location! Thank you!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear June K: Thank you very much for staying with us during your conference and taking the time to post your comments. We hope that you will return again soon.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

Our daughter's wedding reception was held here on May 2nd. All I can say is that it was fabulous! The food was perfect and served hot which was important to me. There is nothing worse than lukewarm reception food. The butternut squash ravioli was such a hit! The room was set up beautifully and the event team outdid themselves. From the day we started the planning until the Sunday brunch for family & friends it was done seamlessly. The wait staff were wonderful and did all they could so my daughter had the best wedding reception experience.
We stayed at the hotel for four nights and our room was clean & comfortable. The front desk staff were great in making sure our guests who were staying there received their gift bags and made sure they were comfortable. Very best experience and we'll be staying there again when we come to visit the newly weds this summer.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
DebKnox, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Rochester / Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

Dear Shessmarter: Thank you very much for having the wedding with us! We so appreicate that you took the time to post your comments. I have shared your post with our entire staff. Thank you again.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times. The hotel is well run and well maintained. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The rooms are always clean. Free internet/ printing in the lobby. Easy parking and close to a number of restaurants and shops. Great place to stay!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DebKnox, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Rochester / Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Dear Carol A: Thank you very much for being such a loyal guest of ours! We appreciate your post and look forward to seeing you again soon!