1,072 results
All reviewsdouble treethe executive loungepescara restaurantcookiesmayo clinicgreat hotelbell staffcar servicecivic centercomfortable roomseasy accessconvenient locationdowntown areaskywaystarbucksmnrandy
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Attended a meeting at Mayo Clinic and was given several hotel choices to stay all connected by their system of skyways and subways for pedestrians. I think I made the best choice based on the Honors program. Everything was perfect:location, convenience to restaurants and shops, cleanliness, friendliness and efficiency of front desk. I also chose this hotel because it was a little further walk than Kahler or Marriott to Mayo, but the September weather was brilliant and it forced me to walk outside through Peace Square and discover downtown Rochester. If you're with an ill patient, you might prefer the other hotels. The Doubletree's restaurant and banquet rooms were busy on saturday night, but the room was still quiet. The view of the Mayo buildings was stunning.

Room Tip: Request a room on higher floor with view of Mayo Clinic.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
DebKnox, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Rochester / Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Dear chazb0: Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments about our hotel. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us, especially with the many options that you did have for the conference. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again when you return to Rochester.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

After a difficult day of travel we were warmly greeted by the desk staff--and a warm cookie,too. It was late in the evening, but room service was arranged and we were delighted with our meal. The young lady who serviced our room was helpful in every way and made our Mayo stay comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DebKnox, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Rochester / Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear Joanne M: Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to post your comments about your stay. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that we were able to meet your needs. We are looking forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

The DoubleTree Hilton was a nice place to stay for 1 night. The staff was very friendly upon arrival and departure. I do feel the price was high compared to other hotels. But very clean, with comfortable beds.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Lisa B: Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments about your stay with us. We appreciate it and hope that you will consider us again the next time you return to Rochester.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I attended a four-day meeting sponsored by the Mayo Clinic and held in one of their buildings and at the civic center. Each was about two blocks from the hotel, but in opposite directions. The weather was excellent, but if it weren't one could use the system of covered elevated walkways (the Skyway) or underground connections (the Subway--but you walk, no trains). These connect major downtown buildings. So, the Doubletree is ideally situated on this weatherproof system and near excellent restaurants.

I can't say enough about the friendliness and efficiency of the staff. I can't single anyone out; they were all a pleasure to talk with.

The room had two queen beds, very comfortable. I downgraded the rating for sleep quality only because the room got stuffy at night, even with the fan on. I woke a couple of times each night, as a result. If only the window could be opened....

The room was well equipped with an easy chair, desk with outlets for recharging, a safe, a microwave, a fridge, a clock radio, and a coffee maker. Everything worked. And, you get a warm cookie upon check-in, of course.

Two quibbles about the bathroom:
1 (this applies to almost every hotel I've stayed in). They want guests to reuse towels, which I heartily endorse, but they don't provide any towel racks, just a couple of hooks. If there had been two people using a bath towel, a hand towel, and a washcloth each, it would not have been possible to dry them between uses.
2. The shower has a typical one level control of temperature and no way to regulate the water force. Because of the placement of the door into the stall, one must stand in front of the shower to turn the lever. This results in a splash of cold water for a couple of seconds, until the lever gets to the warm position. Fortunately, one does not have to wait for hot water; it is there in a couple of seconds.

All in all, this was an excellent choice, and I would stay there agin, if I returned to Rochester.

Room Tip: Three floors are reserved for Hilton HHonors members. I stayed on one of them, but don't know how they differ from rooms on other floors. Since joining is free, why not?
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank HarveyL759
DebKnox, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Rochester / Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Dear HarveyL759: Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments about your stay.
We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and your time in Rochester and that you will stay with us again when your travels bring you back. Thank you again!

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We were given all considerations in our situation. We will be returning as the follow-up to surgery will be every three months. We liked the convenience of being close to Mayo and walking distance. We enjoyed the comfort of the beds, because we spent a lot of time in the room as we had to eat in the room. The surgery (neck) wouldn't let my husband swallow. He had a G-tube. The only thing I did not like was breakfast in the room or in the restaurant one morning. Too dry and not tasty.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Therese C
DebKnox, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Rochester / Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

Dear Therese C: Thank you very much for staying with us while you were in town and for posting your comments. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will return in three months. I am sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your breakfast. We have many options within Rochester for breakfast, if you are able to leave your room during your next visit. The front desk will give you those options. Thank you again and we look forward to your return.