“Clean, comfortable and convenient!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Rochester / Mayo Clinic Area
Ranked #4 of 52 Hotels in Rochester
Jacksonville, Alabama
“Clean, comfortable and convenient!”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

If you are visiting the Mayo Clinic, it is so helpful to stay downtown....within walking distance of the clinic. We found the Doubletree perfect to fit our needs. Also, staying on the 10th or 11th floor in order to take advantage of the Executive Lounge privileges was great. We were originally scheduled to stay the whole week for testing, and ended up being released by the doctor after two days, and the hotel was very accommodating regarding allowing us to end our stay early. We will definitely stay at Doubletree on any of our return visits!!

Room Tip: Choose Mayo rate; Executive Floor
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
DebKnox, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Rochester / Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you very much for your post about your experience at the hotel. I am very glad to hear that everything went smoothly with your stay and that you were able to go home early! We are excited to hear that you will be staying with us again on your next visit to Rochester. Thank you again for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton.
Deb Knox

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Polish first
Brighton, Michigan
Reviewed October 28, 2012

This is a wonderful hotel, close to the Mayo, excellent/friendly staff, and a Town Car will take you and pick you up anywhere in the city, no matter how near or far. Unfortunately I neglected to ask for a room that wasn't in the construction zone. I had an early appointment/procedure at the Mayo and was back in my room by 10:00 only to find workers grinding outside my window. When I called the front desk, they were aware of the construction but figured it wouldn't bother anyone during the day? Really? Of course they offered another room, but packing up and unpacking again was more than I could physically handle. My issue is that they knew about the construction and should have blocked off this room, but instead chose to take the chance that I wouldn't complain or might not even be in the room during the day. That's poor and inconsiderate management skills. But, they got the full price for the room so they obviously didn't care. Every other aspect of this stay was perfect, so if you should decide to stay here, be sure to ask for the "non-construction" side of the building. By the way, these were adjoining rooms on the Excutive Level, $275 each per night w/tax and at check in I requested the "quiet" side of the building, go figure.

Room Tip: It pays to ask questions, it's your money, get the most out of it!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We’re very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We have completed the construction on the outside of the building. We addressed these issues with our staff and hope that next time you’re in the area, you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of customer service. Thank you again for your comments.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 23, 2012

The staff was friendly and the cookie at check-in was good, as always. The elevators were terribly slow (stayed on 9th floor) and there were kids running amok with no supervision. The hotel received plenty of complaints, but it doesn't seem like they cared to do anything about it.

The rooms were a good size, but were a bit dated, particularly the bathroom. And the bed was terribly uncomfortable. In fact, I'm not sure I've been in a worse bed in an American chain hotel.

The good news is, there are walkways connecting you to the mall across the street and there are plenty of restaurants and bars nearby. Beware, the Starbucks closes at noon on the weekends and 4pm on weekdays (ridiculous, I know).

The best part of the hotel was the workout facility which was surprisingly nice with quality equipment and TV monitors on cardio machines.

Oh, and there is a charge of $12/day for parking, which is absurd for a small town like Rochester, MN.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
We’re very sorry we didn’t provide you with a satisfactory experience during your recent stay at our hotel. Your satisfaction is very important to us, and we appreciate your feedback about the children being noisy. Your comments have helped us to improve our guest experience. We hope you’ll stay with us again.
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I stayed here overnight because I had an appointment at the Mayo Clinic early in the morning. This is a high quality hotel and restaurant (open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner). The room was extremely clean and comfortable, and the staff was very accommodating, offering items that I had forgotten, and holding items for me after I had checked out. The hotel is situated right next to the Mayo Clinic and one has skyway access from the hotel, through Barnes and Noble Bookstore to the Clinic, so if the weather is bad you never have to go outside. The shopping across the street was fabulous- both Chicos and Talbots. The offer of a warm chocolate chip cookie on arrival was too hard to pass up. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
DebKnox, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Rochester / Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Connie V: Thank you very much for the wonderful post about our hotel. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and welcome you back anytime your travels bring you back to Rochester. Thank you again for staying with us.
Brentwood, Tennessee
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Stopped here for a one night stay on a road trip. The hotel is located near restaurants and is connected by indoor walkways to many areas of downtown and the Mayo Clinic.
The staff are fantastic and rooms are very nice with comfortable beds. I would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
DebKnox, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Rochester / Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear jsham52: Thank you very much for your post. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am also glad to hear that if your travels bring you back to Rochester that you will stay with us again. Have a great road trip and if there is anything that I can help you with in the future, please email me at deb.knox@hilton.com
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 5, 2012

This is a wonderful property. The rooms are comfortable and clean. All the staff members I interacted with were very helpful and friendly.

The location is great for the area and you have quick access to the Mayo Clinic buildings through the skyway.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Patrick P
Dear Patrick P: Thank you very much for your post about our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. If there is anything I can do to help in the future, please just let me know at deb.knox@hilton.com. We hope that when you return to Rochester, you will select the DoubleTree by Hilton again.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stated here for one night and I really liked it. It's in walking distance to Mayo. The parking is located behind the hotel and will cost you extra.
The lobby area is really beautiful. The front desk staff was really nice and helpful and will treat you with a warm cookie which was really nice.
The room was really clean, sheets, towels were all spotless, and bed was quite comfortable. The business center had 4 computers and was sufficient.
I cannot find any negative points except the fact that parking cost extra. It’s a great place and I would come back if I have to.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
DebKnox, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Rochester / Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear kamitravel: Thank you very much for your post. I am glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at the DoubleTree. If you should return to Rochester and if I can be of any assitance for you please just email me at deb.knox@hilton.com. Thank you again for staying with us and we welcome you back the next time you are in Rochester.