“Great place to stay”

Ranked #5 of 52 Hotels in Rochester
T
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

The front desk and the other staff members could not have been more friendly and helpful. We arrived without a car and the hotel provided transportation to shops within a limited area at no charge. The rooms were clean and well tended. A variety of good restaurants are within a few minutes' walk. And, of course, the location is close to all of the Mayo facilities. The rates could be a tad lower, but for nice, clean rooms, the cost is acceptable.

Room Tip: Rooms not on the floor directly above the ballroom are quieter, especially when there is an evening...
Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
DebKnox, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Rochester / Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear James V: Thank you so much for the great posting about our Hotel. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. If your travels bring you back to Rochester, please let me know if I can be of any assistance with a reservation at deb.knox@hilton.com. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again at the DoubleTree by Hilton.
Deb Knox

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Polish first
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I visited on a business trip to the May Clinic with two staff members. At arrival we were given rooms on the executive floor (likely owing to my Hilton Honors status). This gave us access to free cocktails during happy hour and a free breakfast in the AM in the Executive lounge.We met some of our colleagues in the restaurant, Pescara and had a great meal. Rooms were spacious, internet was free. Bar was open to 11. Price was lower than another nearby hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
DebKnox, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Rochester / Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear cyantist: Thank you very much for your post about our hotel. I am very glad to hear that you and your staff enjoyed your stay with us. If your travels bring you back to Rochester, we would love to be your lodging choice. Thank you again for staying with us!
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Although I'm sure people visit Rochester for reasons other than Mayo Clinic, I can't imagine what any of them would be. On our recent visit to Mayo, we stayed at the DoubleTree. And it was A+ in our book.

We aren't super snooty hotel goers. But we enjoy a nice, clean room and we don't mind to pay a few extra dollars for convenience. With that in mind, we really enjoyed our stay. The commendations were clean and updated. The hotel's proximity to 'The Clinic' was very helpful. It was shorter to walk back to the hotel via the skywalk, than to worry with a car.

We didn't dine at the hotel's restaurant, but we did enjoy some of their food on 'Thursdays on First'. It was tasty. It was also great having a Starbucks adjoining the hotel.

We've made three trips to Mayo now. At times, we've caught the hotel's rates in our budget and other times it has been a bit above our budget. But if the DoubleTree pleases your wallet, I highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
DebKnox, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Rochester / Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear Rob B: Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments about our hotel. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed along your comments to our staff. If you should return to Rochester, we would welcome you to stay with us again. If I can be any assistance with a future reservation or just additional questions, please email me at deb.knox@hilton.com
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We used hilton points and stayed. So much for hilton honors. Room looked dirty,and even though non smoking could smell smoke. The work out room was a joke Broken equipment with kids using it as a playground. HAD TO BE 90 DEGREES IN THE WORK OUT ROOM.When I complained I got a oh well look. Too bad Cross this dump off hilton. not a quality anything

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank nursiesheri
DebKnox, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Rochester / Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear nursiesheri: Thank you for your loyalty as an Hhonors member and for your feedback about your stay back in May. We are very sorry that you were disappointed with the cleanliness of your guest room. We try to be very vigilant in this area because we know how important it is for our guests. Based upon your review, I have alerted our General Manager, Director of Housekeeping and our Chief Engineer. We do have checks and balances within the hotel and I am sorry if we missed one during your stay. We hope that if your travels bring you back to the area you’ll reconsider staying with us again. If you would like to discuss this further, please email me at deb.knox@hilton.com
Charlotte
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Pretty picky... and not much to complain about here at all. Excellent stay, clean, comfortable beds, Starbucks on site, fitness room offers a bit more than usual - also very clean, pool area great... weird in the basement - but it works. We stayed to go to Mayo, the location was perfect for all the back in forth we had during the week. Down time offered easy access to excellent resturants, short drive to movies - even squeezed in some kayaking 5 minutes from the hotel. Will stay there upon return.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank wendrawoman
DebKnox, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Rochester / Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear Wendrawoman: Thank you very much for your post about our hotel. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that you will return if you should come to Rochester again. If there is anything I can help with prior to your return, please just email me at deb.knox@hilton.com.
Sturgeon Bay
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This was my first stay at the Double Tree since it remodeled from the Radisson. It is a vast improvement! The Radisson had become run down. The Double Tree has done a nice job with the remodel and has quality furnishings in the room. The rate was steep for Rochester, in my opinion, but I was staying there for a wedding held on site, so I felt it was worth it to pay a little extra. I lived in Rochester many years ago, and I was shocked at how expensive it has become to park in downtown. It apparently costs $12/day to park in the public ramp attached to the hotel. (It would cost no more than $4 when I lived in Roch.) So, we paid $3 extra per day for valet parking. There were unlimited ins and outs, so it was worth it. The staff was very friendly. The beds were heavenly. I would stay here again, though I might be looking for a better rate next time!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
DebKnox, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Rochester / Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear vanclaners: Thank you very much for your post. I am glad that you got to come back to Rochester and also that you were able to experience the $11 million renovations that we did when we switched over to the DoubleTree by Hilton. Thank you again for staying with us and if there is anything that I can help you with for a future trip to Rochester, please just email me at deb.knox@hilton.com
Scranton, PA
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Great location for Mayo Clinic appointments. Friendliest staff!!! My mom and I go every 2-3 years but hadn't stayed here yet. We definitely will stay there next time! Can't wait to eat at Pescara again. Had breakfast, wine tasting and dinner there this trip. Will have to add lunch next time too!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Brittany J
Dear Brittany J: Thank you very much for your post. It sounds like you enjoyed Pescara very much. I have passed along your comments to their staff. It will make their day. We would love to have you as a guest the next time you are in Rochester. If I can help you with a reservation, please just email me at deb.knox@hilton.com