DoubleTree by Hilton Rochester / Mayo Clinic Area
Travelocity
$459
$224
1,037 results
All reviewsdouble treethe executive loungepescara restaurantmichael smithcookiesmayo clinicgreat hotelbell staffcivic centercar serviceeasy accesscomfortable roomsconvenient locationskywaystarbucksmnvalet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Paid $129 per night for my king bed/spacious suite. Everything worked great. Room was spacious, comfortable, etc. Only frustration is the noise level outside of the hotel. Also the blinds don't keep all light out which during the summer and with streetlights isn't as dark as I'd like.

1  Thank NorthernWisconsin
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Dear NorthernWisconsin: Thank you for your post. I wanted to let you know that I have sent your comments to our Front Desk Manager and our Director of Housekeeping so they may check on the blinds. Thank you again for staying with us and if your travels bring you back to Rochester again, I hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

The RochesterFest Triathlon brought my daughter and I to Rochester last weekend. We were warmly greeted (literally; we received warm chocolate chip cookies) upon checking into the Doubletree. The lobby is bright, modern, and has a very open feeling, which surprised me considering the hotel is in the heart of a typically bustling downtown. Our room was impeccable and appeared to be recently remodeled...comfy beds, fresh white linens, granite vanity, new flatscreen TV, microwave, and refrigerator were all very nice ammenities. Though we didn't used them, the pool and fitness center (in the lower level) were large, clean, and well equipped. We greatly appreciated the free Wifi; thank you so much!! Parking was available in an adjacent parking ramp as well as a ramp right across the street. Be careful, check the rates/times. If you time it just right, you could park for free or for less than the validated rate at the front desk. Though our stay was only about 18 hours, it was the perfect place to get a good night's sleep before attempting our first triathlon.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank GrizzlyFL
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Dear GrizzleyFL: Thank you very much for your posting! Thank you for staying with us while in town for RochesterFest!
I am glad to hear that our hotel exceeded your expectations. We hope that when you return to Rochester again next year for another triathlon, you will stay with us again!

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Attending a family reunion at the hotel and spent $$$ for a "junior suite" so that Room was huge: well appointed with lamps, chairs, a sofa and a small dining table in addition to the kingsize bed! The wetbar and fridge were welcome features. It was perfectly clean on arrival and the housekeeping staff was quiet and thorough. All the little details were there including plenty of pillows. The robes provided were just lush and felt brand new. I've paid more for much less.

Though the room was awesome, the banquet facilities were not. Good food, but an odd layout and very quirky service. Next time I hope we'll just go to a nice restaurant in the area.

Room Tip: My room on a low floor had a view so awful that I just kept the curtains closed; I wasn't there for the view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Carolyn C
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Dear Carolyn C: Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments. I am glad to hear that the family reunion was a great time! We appreciate you staying with us. I have passed along your comments to our Department Heads for review. We hope that if your travels bring you back to Rochester, MN that you will stay with us again. Thank you.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

Stayed at the DoubleTree because I had a convention in Rochester. Had planned to stay at the Radisson until I found out it had been converted to... a DoubleTree. Was greeted on the sidewalk with a hedge (practically) of star jasmine. Wonderful. Room was clean, smelled nice, comfy bed linens. Fitness center was clean and all of the equipment in working order--ellipticals, free weights, machines, etc. The Pescara seafood restaurant was outstanding, terrific mussels, lobster pasta, vegetable sides, wine list. Would definitely return next time I'm in Rochester. Closest hotel to convention center, connects by skyway.

1  Thank KellyMpls
DebKnox, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Rochester / Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

Dear KellyMpls: Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your feedback. It sounds like the hotel was a perfect fit for your stay in Rochester. We would love to have you back as a guest the next time that your travels bring you back here. If there is anything else that we can help you with, please email me at deb.knox@hilton.com

Reviewed June 10, 2012

Recently stayed at this hotel while attending a business meeting in Rochester. The only two negatives for this fantastic hotel were the noise from the AC and street. I believe Hilton fell short of their renovations by failing to deal with the AC/Heating component and windows. The service was great, staff awesome, bed extremely comfortable and room as upgraded was absolutely outstanding. I loved the huge walk in shower and bath ammenities. Many restaurants and nightlife in walking distance. I would stay here again should I be in Rochester.

Room Tip: If you can obtain a room that does not face the street the room would be quieter.
1  Thank Suzibluis

Dear Suzibluis: Thank you for posting your comments. I wanted to let you know that I received your comments and I emailed them over to our General Manager, our Director of Engineering and our Director of Front Desk Operations to see if there is anything that they can do about the AC units and windows. We appreciate the feedback about your stay. If you could email me at deb.knox@hilton.com with your name and the dates that you stayed, I will put a note in your profile that you prefer the East side of the hotel, so when you return we know to place you in a guestroom on that side of the hotel. I hope that we can again be your hotel of choice when you return to Rochester.