“Wow - $330 for a room on the concierge floor”

Rochester Marriott Mayo Clinic Area
Ranked #16 of 50 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed October 1, 2013

This hotel books up fast and the rooms are expensive. We had surgery in the morning so needed a hotel room for one night. The only ones left were on the concierge floor - big deal - drinks (you are billed for them) some food items (basic chopped veggies & dip, soup, sub sandwich cut in small pieces) and soft drinks. Can't believe that you have to pay for wine, beer and drinks - after the $$ for the room, one would think the drinks would be included - at most hotels they are!
Staff was great, room was clean but average - bed was fantastic.
Won't stay here again as it wasn't worth the $$ and there are many hotels near Mayo.

Room Tip: floors away from the street are quieter
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Daisy095
Bill S, General Manager at Rochester Marriott Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Dear Daisy095,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry you are upset about the price. There are a lot of factors that go into the price of hotel rooms. Our prices are in line with the Marketplace for the time of the year you were staying and booking the room at the last minute, when there are only certain room types avaiable to rent. Thank you again for your feedback and I will review with my staff.

Best Regards,

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Everyone was so friendly and professional. Hotel is in a great location. Has its own restaurant and bar. One can walk entirely inside during inclement weather to the Mayo clinic or walk outside only one block. Room amenities a little sparse, no robes or slippers but water to purchase for $1.50 is available in room. Also a small fridge. We asked for extra pillows and towels, no problem! Will stay here again! Thanks Shawn and John!

Room Tip: Ask for the concierge floor, about the same price as regular room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AspenFoodie

Dear Aspenfoodie,

Thank you for comments about your stay at the Rochester Marriott. I am glad my staff were able to meet all of your needs. I will pass your feedback on to them. It is always nice to know we have met the needs of our guests.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I think a hotel that charges over $300 a night for an average room should warn potential guests that there will be a very loud street party at night. Many guests are here for Mayo and have early appointments and are worn from a day's worth of tests.

The rooms areaverage, but clean. The hotel staff is friendly and helpful.

But i will not stay here again because I should be resting right now and can't because of the loud, pounding music.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank emily h

Dear Emily H,

Thank you for posting your comments about your stay at the hotel. I am sorry about the noise factor of the event that took place in the Peace Plaza. Some of these events are out of the hotel control and are put on by the city. I do not know which event you were refering to or the date, so I was not able to know which event bother you that night. There were many events during the later part of September. Almost all events that happen in the Peace Plaza normally end by 9 or 9:30 pm because of the noise factor.

Again thank you for your feedback,

B

Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

We are up at Mayo Clinic a couple of times a year and have stayed at 3 different hotels during our stays. This hotel is certainly the best we've stayed at of the three. Basically it's a great hotel, everything runs well and the location and service are very good. My only complaint is that I don't understand why you can stay at the cheapest hotels in the Marriott chain and get free wifi and here they make you pay for it. Also the other hotels in Rochester that we stayed in cost a lot less and also have free wifi...

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank BJG49

Dear BJG49,

Thank you for your posting about your stay at the Rochester Marriott. My staff prides themselves on the job htey do day in and day out. I will pass your comments on to them.
Look forward to serving you next time on your visit to Rochester MN.

Again thanks for your feedback,

Reviewed September 6, 2013

What a shame. The hotel feels tired and the rooms are definitely feeling some age. Sorry, but I can't help feel that the room is unclean. Maybe it's the thick carpet, or the old tape on the window, or the worn arm chair in the room... it's just gross and I wouldn't stay here. The new Hilton (and I'm not a fan of Hilton's) is a lot better. Oh yeah, and the "free" internet is slow so if you plan to work, they're going to gouge you on the "upgraded" high speed option.

Room Tip: I couldn't tell you if there is a good room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Romehome,

I am sorry we did not meet your needs during our stay with us. We have corrected the items you pointed out to us in your posting. I hope to serve you better next time you visit Rochester, MN.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

OK, for the record I travel a great deal for business and Hilton properties are my preferred hotels.
but.....
I loved this Marriott. We were in Rochester for a family wedding so I didn't pick the hotel, but I will stay at this hotel again (and again and again....) Why?
The service was outstanding, no not just good, outstanding. Cat in food and bev, Glenn as valet and more that I am kicking myself I didn't jot their names down too.
Yes, there were a few who got up on the wrong side of bed (very few), but that is everywhere.
I can wholeheartedly recommend this property. Most of the higher end chains look and feel similar and it can be hard to remember what hotel that was but I will remember this Marriott.
Food was good, room was fine, no issues with property but as I said at that level there rarely are.
Stay here. Good central location as well.
My only complaint is that parking was an issue, had to park in a parking garage a block over, but that seems to be the case anywhere in downtown Rochester.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank brian f
Bill S, General Manager at Rochester Marriott Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Dear Brian F,

Thank you for posting your comments about your stay at the Rochester Marriott. I am gald that Kat, Glenn and the rest of my staff were able to WOW you on during your stay with us. I will pass on those commenst to them and the rest of the staff. I hope we can convert you over to Marriott hotels for all your future travels. Again thank you for your feedback.

Rochester Marriott

Reviewed July 9, 2013

In town for a meeting. The hotel is in an excellent location, was very clean, room was as expected. I don't like that I had to pay for Internet Would recommend if you needed to be in the area. Easy to get to

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Bill S, General Manager at Rochester Marriott Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Doona0801,

Thank you for telling us about your stay, I am glad you were able to service you during your meeting. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Best reagrds,