“Good hOtel”

Ranked #47 of 50 Hotels in Rochester
A TripAdvisor Member
ROCHESTER
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Clean hotel and reasonable rooms which was clean and very reasonable for its price. The staff were good and the reception people were helpful and nice. It is not that worse as I read before from the reviewers.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Reviewed October 7, 2012

rooms were clean. Staff was very nice. location was good. easy to find and was able to find close interest. would tell my friends and would return if need to

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I have stayed here now for 6 years with my visist to the Mayo clinic...the clerks,especially Sharon, are great...
The rooms are old fashion but it is clean and had good service every year...there is a cafe attached and it is not even 1/4 a block from the entrance to the Mayo clinic...I really had to give it a good show for it might hender me getting a room the next time I want to stay there..

Room Tip: I am sure there all good and you can bring you dogs..wow
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Adam K, General Manager at Days Inn Rochester Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear Guest,
I would like to start by saying THANK YOU for your wonderful comments regarding our property. We greatly appreciate you returning to our property year after year. We can’t wait to serve you again in the future.

Have a great day!

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We've stayed at this Days Inn twice now, 1st time in May 2012 while be at Mayo Clinic. This hotel is close to Mayo, it is a very old hotel but well worth the stay, its a hotel of character and charm. Yes has a window a/c and you do hear siren but then your next to a hospietal. We had stayed in another hotel prior to this one just on the other side and for 150.00 and night it was NOT worth it. With the stress of going to Mayo Clinic, the hotel staff was always sympathecic to our medical situation. While I was in the hospital Sharon at the front desk was always concerned and made sure my husband was doing ok. We then had to stay one more night after being released and they made sure I had everything I needed, including the resturant downstairs. We then repeated our stay in Sept. and it was like coming home. When I go back in a year this is the hotel we will be staying at.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Adam K, General Manager at Days Inn Rochester Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

I would like to start by saying thank you for the positive comments regarding our property in Rochester, MN. Our Days Inn staff works very hard to keep this property clean and comfortable. Thank you for pointing out our great location just across the street from the Mayo Clinic. I will pass along your kind words to the staff. We look forward to serving you again in the future. Thanks again for staying with us and the good report on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at this property for a Mayo Clinic visit. We chose it because if the location, which was great. However the hotel was terrible. The carpet in all parts of the hotel hasnt been replaced in 25 years and it shows. The rooms were tiny and filthy. It wreaked of mildew and the sheets and the room carpet were both moist because of humidity in the hotel. We had to check out after one night, we couldn't stand it. This hotel should be on hotel impossible!!

• Stayed: September 2012
Adam K, General Manager at Days Inn Rochester Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Dear Guest,
I am disappointed to hear that your stay at our Days Inn was not to your liking. I am happy that you were able to find a place that better suited your needs. Our property is located in a very convenient location for Mayo Clinic patients. The building is very old and is not a good fit for everyone. The building was built in 1919 and provides a lot of character. We offer the most affordable rates in downtown Rochester due to the size of some of our rooms. We do offer different types and sizes of rooms that may have been a better fit your needs. I am surprised at the level of humidity described in your comments due to the fact that our rooms do have air conditioning. Once again I apologize that our hotel did not meet your needs and expectations.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Everyone, listen to this. If you are coming to Rochester for a visit. Please stop and try the Days Inn down town. Ya I read the reviews that said this and said that. I came to the Hotel expecting the worse. Those people that complained, were just in a foul mood and wanted to ruin my weekend too. We found the front desk staff very nice, helpful and pleasant to deal with. If your going to come in to their Hotel in a "I'll get you attitude" I'd dump on you to. Our room was ready well before the 4pm check in so we moved in at 2. Unpacked and turned on the air conditioner, hey it works, it's a window unit. Someone on line complained about it being noisy, hmmm, it's not central air folks, it's a window unit, we slept all night just fine, nice and cool. The traffic outside was not that bad, there is a hospital across the street, sorry, you may hear a siren in the night. Get over it. The room was VERY clean, the lady that was up on the floor deserves a raise. There was nothing to complain about. I've stayed in Holiday Inn in Kansas City ,MO that were 100 times newer and the Holiday had roaches. Days Inn had NO bugs, extra pillows, coffee machine, refrigerator. The bath tub was big, big enough for me. And that's big. Wait until you ride the elevator, I call it 6 flags over Minnesota. When you come to the Days Inn, please remember the building was built in 1919, NOT 1999. The history, the bomb proof walls, the old wood work is a delight. Come and visit them with a open mind and they will be open and friendly too. We were a block away from Mayo, shopping and some great eating places. Their restaurant in the building has some great homemade muffins, a Pan-a-koo-kin, that's Danish for fattening. But great for breakfast. Off street parking, safe and well lit. So, listen to those people who complain if you wish, stay in a motel half way out of town at 200 a night. Or, bring your good mood and open heart to a grand old Hotel where you can enjoy the past and get a great ride on the Elevator. Ol' squeaky.... We will be back soon, just to visit a fun place. Thanks to all the people at Days Inn in Rochester, you made our weekend fun.. Dave and Clydene R.

Room Tip: Ask for the bigger rooms, with the KING bed, you can get lost in that thing....
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Clydene R
Adam K, General Manager at Days Inn Rochester Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Dave & Clydene,
Thank you very much for your comments on Trip Advisor. The staff and I really appreciate you taking the time out of your schedule to say all those nice things about our property. I am so glad that our hotel was able to meet and exceed your expectations.
I hope you are able to stay with us again.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

this might do. But you'll get a very small room in a building that shows it's age at every turn, from the tiny, county-jail painted elevator to the dark hallways and the peeling paint and tub finish in the bath. (I skipped my morning shower and wouldn't have even thought about taking a bath.)

The window a/c unit had to be run continuously, even on a cool night, to dispel the heat generated by two bodies and a standard definition television (with a more than adequate channel selection).

The beds were firm, too much so for some, I suspect. The pillows definitely were too thick and too firm for a comfortable night's sleep. Street noise was negligible from the 3rd floor, with the exception of a few motorcyclists with more volume than brains and a woman's scream in the middle of the night. Wi-FI was adequate, with a number of routers to choose from and no password needed. (I would prefer, however, that one not be required to first select a router and then log-in online at Days Inn. It's cumbersome with a tablet/iPod/phone.)

It is only four blocks to the Civic Center, has free off-street parking (though the lot was small), and has a reasonable restaurant on the main floor. (My dinner of potato pancakes was OK; my breakfast not so much. The coffee was awful, the orange juice bitter.) Breakfast is not included.

All in all, I'll look elsewhere for my next night in Rochester.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Adam K, General Manager at Days Inn Rochester Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

I would like to start by saying thank you for your stay at the Days Inn Downtown in Rochester, MN and thank you for reporting on our hotel on Trip Advisor. Our rooms with two twin beds are our most affordable rooms in the entire hotel. They are a great deal in downtown Rochester if you are looking for a clean and comfortable room. They may not be a big room, but they provide all you need to rest your head at night. Due to the buildings age there are many things that we like to consider nostalgic and charismatic rather than old fashioned. Many guests enjoy the comfortable feeling this older building gives them when they stay here. I appreciate the nice comments regarding our Wi-Fi. Many guests utilize the free internet on-site. The restaurant at our Hotel called Pannekoeken serves great food from 6am to 9pm every day. Many guests from our hotel love the comfort food this Dutch style restaurant serves. All hotel guests receive 10% off there meal when they eat at the restaurant. Once again thank you for your survey and I hope you are able to stay with us again.