“Owner-waitress, always rude”

Rochester, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Owner-waitress, always rude”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I'll be honest, the food is really good and even reasonably priced. But the staff is always rude. Yea, I don't come to a restaurant to make friends but when your paying good money to people who have an attitude like "you need us but we don't need you", well I can do with out. Pho Chao on Broadway is much better and the staff is friendly.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank 162Minh

Rochester, Minnesota
“Decent food; It was just Ok.”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Dinner time; Arrived at 7p, waited to be seated -a friend was going to join me…nobody approached or offered to seat me for a while, even though they caught my eye several times - very awkward, I didn't know what to think. Once my friend arrived, we were quickly seated. Service; The waitress was attentive and patient as we tried to figure out the menu options. I was new to Vietnamese dishes, my friend was not…, We started out with spring rolls which had an interesting texture and were quite chewy. Then we had the Pho Ga (chicken noodle soup) - which was pretty good and Vietnamese Grilled Pork with Vermicelli - I thought the egg rolls were simply delicious. We asked the waitress to spilt the check however, she made a mistake and overcharged one of our credit cards….this was easily fixed. We asked for the dessert menu option, but they told us they didn't have any but would be introducing dessert options beginning next week. OVERALL; Reception was fair to poor; Service was fast and efficient; Food was good and atmosphere/ambiance was dull, dated and very "ol' school." I would suggest that the staff pay more attention to the welcoming part of the restaurant and also reconsider the general appearance of the restaurant - definitely has a dingy and dull feel about it.

• Visited March 2014
Minnesota
“Fish in a tank”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Pho Tai serves some of the best Vietnamese and Asian food in Rochester. The facilities could be updated, but the food quality and price cannot be beat. Spring rolls were fantastic and the Tom Thit Rim Man (shrimp and pork in a clay pot) was delicious.
Staff was friendly and the service was great.

• Visited February 2014
Bentonville, Arkansas
“Meh.”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Lunch time, A table for 2

ATMOSPHERE: Spacious dining area. Lots of fish tanks with interesting looking fish. Tanks are not very clean though. Place is dated and dingy. Needs a new face lift for sure.

SERVICE: Good nuff.

FOOD: Firstly, My husband said the pho was very good. Pho is his favorite food. I tasted his broth and you can really taste the beefy stewed beef bones. It was pretty good.

Secondly, we also ordered the apetizer sampler plate. It was NOT good. It was very clear that everything they brought us was re-fried from a frozen state. Needless to say, we didn't finish it. The chicken wings were dry and old. Even the wonton filling was dry and chewy. It was NOT FRESH. Thumbs down to apetizers.

I was also hoping to get some Vietnamese sandwiches and boba smoothies....but they didn't offer any on their menu.

OVERALL: I was disappointed with everything but the pho. Thus the second star given.

RECOMMENDATIONS TO THE GUESTS: ONLY eat pho.
RECOMMENDATIONS TO THE OWNERS: Cook fresh food please!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Mary X
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great Phood!!”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

This is a neighborhood restaurant with authentic Vietnamese cuisine. The menu has a huge variety of offerings, so if you can’t find something…it certainly isn’t a failure on the part the restaurant.

Our server kept coming back to check on us and make sure our glasses were full.

I’m not an expert on Vietnamese cuisine, but in my mind this was great food…and abundant.

I will certainly go back again.

• Visited March 2013