“Great Breakfast”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

I love the Breakfast food here. The coffee is good. The service is good. It is all you can ask of a breakfast place. Just wish they didn't sing every time they deliver their signature dish.

Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin, United States
“To Die For Pannekoekens!”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

After dining at several of Rochester's more upscale establishments (dinners at Chester's and Michael's and breakfast at Pescara), we decided to have breakfast before heading home to Wisconsin at Sytje's Pannekoeken Restaurant. I had visited this establishment at another venue on the outskirts of the city some twenty years earlier. It then had a much more appealing and inviting outside and warm and cozy inside. However, my companion and I were not in search of a tasteful ambiance. We were in search a tasty breakfast.

We found it.

We were greeted and seated by an effervescent hostess, who placed us in a booth (as we had requested); however, it was too close to the kitchen entrance. I did not pay any attention to the location when we were seated, but the wait-staff traffic eventually began to pall.

Our server was friendly, attentive, and competent. Service was quick and efficient. The pannekoekens, which we shared (hers blueberry, mine banana) were uniquely delicious. We liked each equally well. We shared two perfectly prepared eggs over-easy and an order of hash browns. With her cranberry juice and my coffee (the server actually left the pot on the table), the bill was a most reasonable $25.

If you have yet to try a pannekoeken, this is the place to do it.

• Visited October 2013
Rochester, Minnesota
“Good Stuff!”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

You can tell the owners love and take care of this business! Great menu and service are always a sure thing here!

Visited October 2013
Greenwood, Arkansas, United States
“Something different and tasty!”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

This restaurant is connected to the Days Inn hotel we stayed in and directly across the street from the Rochester Methodist Hospital. Very convenient and quick for sit down, counter service or delivery. Must try their huge selection of delicious gourmet muffins! Yum!

• Visited June 2013
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Fun and delicious!”
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

When we lived in Rochester briefly several years ago, I fell in love with Pannekoeken. At that time it was located farther from the downtown area. If it had been this close to where we lived I would have needed an intervention to keep me away! My favorite was the original apple Pannekoeken, a Dutch pancake that puffs up in the oven and quickly falls once it's done. It's sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar and needs no syrup. When a server delivers one, she yells, "Pannekoeken! Pannekoeken!" as she delivers it. I had the original apple one again and it was still wonderful. My husband had a regular egg breakfast and liked it very much. The front counter is full of gloriously huge muffins. I consider the Pannekoeken to be the perfect food for any meal, but their menu does offer sandwiches and more usual lunch and dinner items. The currect location is great--downtown near the Mayo complex and adjacent to the Days Inn. However, their restroom facility is in the Days Inn and getting there involves stairs and the restroom itself was not well maintained. I suspect it's the hotel's job to do this, but it would be good PR for the restaurant to check on it. The restaurant itself is a little on the grungy side, but acceptable. I can forgive a lot with the sweet taste of a Pannekoeken still lingering!

Visited October 2013