“Definitley not a party”

Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish, Central American
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Food was less than mediocre and our chips were so hard it hurt to chew them. The restaurant was clean enough, but everything was just so far below par that I'll never go back again.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

I dined at this restaurant the other night as it's in my neighborhood so thought I'd check it out. I was unimpressed with the overall atmosphere and the menu....choices were very bland and seemed nearly the same as many other Mexican restaurants I've been to. The food came out within 5 minutes indicating to me that it didn't take much to put it together. The food was presented okay and filled me up, but wasn't very special...seemed like cafeteria food. The beef seemed like it was pureed and looked like that dog food that comes in a can.
The margarita was pretty good and they were generous with the tequilla.
The server was efficient, but cold in personality. I probably won't return again.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I recently moved to Rochester, we went to this restaurant once and liked the food and service but, not the same story when i took my wife a couple weeks ago for a second time. Our server was a white girl with long hair. GOD she was terrible i asked for a frozen margarita that was not frozen at all, my wife asked a strawberry daiquiri that was obviously overpoured, it was prepared with so much alcohol that my wife refused to drink it. We told her about it and she said she was going to change our daiquiri, at this point a guy asked us if everything was ok, and i told him that it was, because i really thought that it was a little mistake and the server was going to fix it..... WRONG She took our order, i ordered a chicken chimichanga and my wife steak fajitas. Well LONG LONG wait about 35 min. When the food finally arrived i was so mad to see instead of chimichanga i got some kind of chicken rolled pieces, I told the server about it and she just said "I AM SO SORRY" but not even offered me to change my meal and bring what my order was. We were so upset that just asked for a box and to talk with the supervisor or manager, so she immediately reacted telling us the the manager was not there at that moment so she offered do not charge us for our drinks, bad solution since we did not even touched our margarita and daiquiri. I don’t know how confused she was or why she gave us such a bad service, I don’t have any doubt that she understood what we asked, because her english was perfect, i even think she is not mexican because of her spoke and her appearance (white skin and clear eyes). the first time our server was a mexican guy that even that his english was not great his service was very goo. I AM SURE THERE WAS A MANAGER THERE BUT I DIDNT WANT ANY MORE TROUBLE EVEN THAT MY WIFE WAS SO MAD about IT, WE JUST PAYED FOR THE FOOD AND GOT OUT OF THERE, AFTER THAT BAD EXPERIENCE I AM NOT SURE OF GOING AGAIN I WILL BETTER GO AND TRY A DIFFERENT RESTAURANT AT ROCHESTER.

1  Thank carl s
Reviewed August 24, 2012

This place consistently has good food and great service. They are friendly and fast and I like that it's locally owned. There's a great patio for summertime and you hardly ever have to wait for a table.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

This is the best Mexican food in Rochester. I have tried other places and they are not even close to as good. Try their white cheese dip and margaritas! They are very good! I have always had great service!