“They lost their way when they became a chain”
Review of Green Mill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Green Mill
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Steakhouse
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“They lost their way when they became a chain”
Reviewed May 7, 2011

I remember the original in St. Paul and once they turned into a chain they change their menu to appeal to the masses. It has become just another “also ran” retaurant. Service was OK. I can get virtually any of the entrees at any other restaurant.

• Visited November 2010
1 Thank aerete

Rochester, Minnesota
“LOVE THIS PLACE AND EVERYTHING ABOUT IT... 5 STARS!!!!!”
Reviewed March 29, 2011

I just happened on this website with these reviews and I totally disagree with them. I eat there or take out at least 3 times a week and with the exception of one time everything has been awesome ( everyone makes mistakes). The food is stellar and the presentation is great.... makes you want to eat what is set in front of you. Cynthia and her staff are always pleasant and kind and ready to meet or exceed all of my needs and expectations. I run a business and on top of my personal experiences I take clients and have business associates with me on many occasions without worrying about the impression I will give them by my selection for lunch. Too often the only reviews posted are the few that did not have a good experience or they themselves are the cause of what displeased them. Usually I find that happy people don't go out of their way to tell people how good things are but the angry/disappointed people will go out of their way to tell everyone who will listen and I just could not sit by and let these reviews go unchallenged because the place is awesome!!!!!

• Visited March 2011
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Food was good, service was less impressive.”
Reviewed August 8, 2010

While in Rochester to visit Mayo I was looking for something close to my hotel. This was recommended by the hotel staff. It was nearby and the food was good. But, I sat for way too long waiting for my beverage to be refilled. Also, I needed to bring food back to the hotel for a friend and all I ordered was a salad. They got it wrong and the young man, Joshua, was not too pleased with me when I had them correct it, then I had to make a point of asking for plasticware to use. At that point the server was downright rude.

2 Thank Pickle1966
San Francisco, California
“went for Friday then happy hour”
Reviewed April 26, 2010

We had to wait for meeting with guests so we mentioned this right away to the waitress. However then when our guests arrived as well we seemed invisible and ignored still. Then after an hour we got our order in. 2 of us ordered wings and they tasted microwaved and rubbery. The other friend will not go back I guess either. Then the atmosphere could've been more people our age, but that's ok. It's just that more youthful people could have maybe could have contributed to be not so much of a flat lined pulse like we encountered.

Minnesota
“Sub-Par Service”
Reviewed March 14, 2010

Although the food is always good, we have never experienced excellent service. There seems to always something regarding the service that could use improvement.