β€œ:-) πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘πŸ‘β€

Ranked #3 of 305 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Great food. Great service. Bunnie's coconut cake -- something to go back for. I had the locally sourced BLT on a croissant. Absolutely delicious! Could've eaten 2 of them!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,021)

Reviewed June 17, 2014

We have eaten at the Canadian Honker before and have been satisfied but something has definitely changed------high prices and lower quality food. Service was still good. It is very convenient is you are a St. Mary's visitor/patient but won't be our choice any longer.

1  Thank poipupatt
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I LOVE Eggs Benedict. I read that the Canadian Honker had been voted "best Eggs Benedict;" so when I was released from the hospital, I insisted we go directly across the street and have breakfast. Service was good and the prices are very good, but I was disappointed in the eggs. If I recall, they were served with Bernaise sauce rather than Hollandaise. And instead of Canadian bacon, they were served with thick sliced meat. The hash browns -- which I rarely order -- were very tasty. Of course, I hadn't eaten in about 24 hours and was famished.

Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

I ate here on a Friday night recently with my brother & his family. We sat outside at the sidewalk tables, which I wouldn't recommend because you're then right next to a regularly used bus stop. The service was ok-- they were very busy, so one could only expect so much. I had the prime rib special which I ordered medium rare. It was thinly sliced, which I'm not accustomed to, & I thought it was a bit overdone. Other family members had the fish special, some grilled, some battered. The batter was more on the heavy side, with a good flavor. All in all, it was okay, but I won't be rushing back. Maybe I was expecting too much because I'd heard good things.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This was my second trip to the Mayo Clinic area. Last year, the first, brought me to the Canadian Honker. The food was fabulous and it was convenient to the hotel. Well, it's still near the hotel. Other than that,...Either I caught it on a bad couple of days or something bad has happened to my once-favorite Rochester restaurant. Last year, the waitress helped finding things on the menu that satisfied the requirements of the Mayo docs the evening before the blood test. This time I got a shrug. Maybe fish. Right, I said. Walleye, broiled. The walleye was full of bones, and I'm talking every bite. The waitress sent the manager over, he quickly brought a piece of cod, which was much appreciated. He also said walleye always has bones, you can't get all the bones out of walleye. I smiled, thinking that 99 percent of Minnesota walleye fisherman certainly would disagree. I went there the following day for lunch. The French dip sandwich was awful, the meat smashed together, clearly straight from being defrosted. It was served on a soft bun. Some French fries were scattered on another plate. I bother to write this only because of the great experience I had last year and how much the restaurant has declined β€” at least for the two days I visited. It was very disappointing.

1  Thank infinitycruiser