“Try the Fried Wallet Sandwich!”

Canadian Honker Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #5 of 302 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Omaha, Nebraska
“Try the Fried Wallet Sandwich!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We often eat at the Honker as it is close to our hotel when we come to Rochester. The wallet sandwich is great, the burgers are too. I've had the salad with chicken which is great also. We often eat breakfast here and the pancakes, omelets, eggs Benedict and oatmeal are very good. Not the best cinnamon roll but the coffee is good. Convenient and casual. Usually a wait on Sunday mornings. Worth the value. If you have transportation, try some of the places downtown too - there are many options that are quite good!

• Visited September 2013

OMAHA
“Canadian Honker wins over a picky breakfast girl”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have only had breakfast there (numerous times), so I can't judge their overall menu, but the first meal of the day is a dandy at the Canadian Honker. I like the service, atmosphere and the staff is always nice and always willing to go out of their way for you. (I love the midwest!) I have been puzzled at some of the pricing on the menu; such as biscuits and gravy is a "cha-ching" item compared to the bigger breakfast items that cost less. Staff is willing to accommodate for customer's want/needs in terms of substitutions. Canadian Honker is casual go-to restaurant for relaxed meals. I love their coffee there! The food is always served hot and plated appealingly. The restaurant has always been completely full each and everytime we have visited it. However, it never takes long to get a table. They do a wonderful job of keeping the tables available as soon as someone leaves, the table is bussed and cleaned immediately.

The restaurant also has a bar, but we have never gotten drinks there. They could start selling breakfast mimosas if that is allowable due to liquor laws there. I would definately have one! On the week-end breakfasts hours, I would like to see CH do a brunch buffet, if they have the room.

I know it also has entertainment presented there on the week ends, but I have never been there during that time to assess the entertainment. But, at least they try to have different venues for different crowds.

By the way, this restaurant was recommended to us by a hard core Rochesterian. We don't have anything like the CH in the big city that I live in. I did not find the cost/prices unreasonable at all.

I may have a better frame of reference for restaurants/prices/value because I travel around the US perhaps more than the other "critiquers" listed for this establishment.

• Visited August 2013
Manhattan, Kansas
“Thought it was going to be better”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The food wasn't as good as everyone seemed to think it was. Very average food and service. It was close to St. Marys

Visited August 2013
Chicago
“Can't be more convenient to St Mary's hospital.”
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

This is a very local gem. Food is good, service is better, and the characters in and out are worth people watching. It's not worth going out if your way, but if sadly you are here to visit people in the hospital this place is perfect for lunch or dinner. ( not sure if its a breakfast place too). I had a turkey sandwich... Not much turkey on it. The salad plate was a lot more good. So- order wisely. This is not a find dining establishment , but it is fine.

• Visited August 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Better options in Rochester”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

When you visit Rochester, ask the locals. None of the locals go to the Canadian Honker because it's too expensive, it tries to be finer dining and isn't, and the food is sub par. Go downtown and find a number of better options for dining.

• Visited July 2013