“Great for lunch and dinner”

Canadian Honker Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #3 of 306 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Due to my father's illness we have been in Rochester quite alot since June. My boyfriends uncle suggested to eat here since we were spending alot of time at St Marys. My mother and I had lunch here and sat outside. I had a turkey wrap and she had the memphis, both were really good and our waitress was super nice. It was nice to sit outside and relieve some stress. A week later my dad and mom, myself, and my sister had dinner there and we all loved our meals. The girls had salads and my dad had soup that he said was awesome. We all would highly recommend eating here.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,043)

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We were visiting while at the Mayo. I read the reviews and decided to try the Honker out. I had the meatloaf. It wasn't anything special. The atmosphere was ok. We sat on the opposite side of the live band. I feel it was a bit over rated on the TA.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We were in town for a relative's visit to Mayo. The Honker is just across the street from St. Mary's Hospital. We had lunch there the first day that was pretty good. Standard sandwiches, sides, etc. for a good price. The food was good for lunch. A couple days later we went for dinner and it was great! I had a chicken dish with mushrooms and this creamy sauce that was terrific. The service was good both times we were there. It looked like they had a lot of traffic from Mayo and were offering very good service to all of us.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

We were happy that this restaurant was within walking distance of our hotel. We ate several meals here and every one was yummy and delicious. They also had a great beer selection and good service.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

They have good walleye if you like fish. Daily specials are available. Quick and friendly service. Also they have good liver & onions.