“Great local place”

Canadian Honker Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #3 of 307 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My son and I were in town for a hockey tournament, and wanted to try a local restaurant (okay, I wanted to, and since I was paying, he had no choice). We went to Canadian Honkers with two other people, and after a short wait on a Friday night, were seated and attended to quickly. Our waitress was very pleasant, which was our experience pretty much everywhere in Rochester, and while yes, the decor is a bit unimpressive, the quality of our experience overrode that. Among the four of us, we tried the pork chops, meatloaf, veggie linguine, and garlic chicken. All were wonderful. The two hockey players had dessert, and since they burned off a million calories in their games, at least one ate his entire serving of peanut butter pie; the other had leftovers. One of the adults had the coconut cake, but also couldn't finish it. They were of such sufficient size as to almost mandate sharing, by the way. I definitely recommend this spot to anyone looking to go beyond the usual chain offerings.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,047)

Reviewed October 18, 2012

My wife is from Canada - what can I say? We went there and were very pleasantly surprised with the quality and taste of the food. I ordered the parmesan cheese encrusted walleye which was just perfect. My wife ordered the filet which was also very good. The service was also perfect. The decor and ambiance left a little to be desired but all else was well worth returning for. I strongly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

There is no better place for a meal and a drink or 2 in Rochester. Staff is very friendly, food is excellent and their prices are very fair.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Good food ( broiled Walleye, cinnamon ice cream), friendly service and a nice wine selection. Located across from St.Mary's Hospital.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Great food, but tables too close together. Very hard to get in and get out, because someone was behind you.