“A different place to eat”

Canadian Honker Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #5 of 306 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Reviewed October 18, 2012

My wife is from Canada - what can I say? We went there and were very pleasantly surprised with the quality and taste of the food. I ordered the parmesan cheese encrusted walleye which was just perfect. My wife ordered the filet which was also very good. The service was also perfect. The decor and ambiance left a little to be desired but all else was well worth returning for. I strongly recommend this restaurant.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,087)

Reviewed October 13, 2012

There is no better place for a meal and a drink or 2 in Rochester. Staff is very friendly, food is excellent and their prices are very fair.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Good food ( broiled Walleye, cinnamon ice cream), friendly service and a nice wine selection. Located across from St.Mary's Hospital.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Great food, but tables too close together. Very hard to get in and get out, because someone was behind you.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We really liked our dinner here. We both had Parmesan crusted walleye fish. It was delicious and much better than the next night at a competitors restaurant. The sides were very good and the cheese toast was addicting. Delicious dark beer named Moose Drool. Our very friendly waitress said the breakfasts were great too but we thought it was just average. I had good, not great, biscuits and gravy and my wife had an average omelette. Portions were normal size not the huge quantity I expected. There are a lot of very big people in this town. We did not sample but did ogle the peanut butter cheesecake pie and the cinnamon loaf-size roll.