All reviews jimmy johns mini suite caribou coffee sandwich shop across the street mayo clinic free parking methodist hospital free breakfast underground access subway level convenient location gonda building the subway system two queen beds mayo building mayo visit
Reviewed August 21, 2018

I've been coming to this hotel since 1990 and has not made many renovations . I have experienced recently broken bed boards, particles in my sink. The hotel parking lot does NOT accommodate the Mayo patients that come fo stay in this hotel. They have started charging for parking and have made their parking spaces smaller which any handicapped person can not get in-and-out of their car at all. They have only 2 handicap parking spaces in one side of garage and other garage a few more. Even to park in space with no disabilities your parking is so tight you can not get out of vechile.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
KGManager, Manager at Kahler Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2018

Thank you for choosing Kahler Inn and Suites. We will be sure to look into your concerns and appreciate your feedback. We will address with the appropriate staff and departments directly. We hope to impress you on a future visit!

Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

We have been coming here for 6 years because of Mayo Clinic appointments but will no longer be staying here. The quality has dropped significantly and the charges have increased. We moved to the Doubletree tonight and it is worth the extra money!!! The rooms need updating as does the bathroom- reminds me of a college dormitory not a hotel. Try the Doubletree and you will have a better feeling going to your clinic appointment!!

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
KGManager, Manager at Kahler Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2018

I am sorry we fell short of your expectations. We are working to update our property and hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed August 13, 2018

The people I encountered were friendly and all about hospitality! I needed help getting to and from the clinic and there was NEVER a long wait! There is a decent restaurant on site and a cute coffee shop near the desk. It wasn’t until I was leaving that I discovered a Jimmy John’s on site as well. I will return to this site. The only reason I didn’t give it a ‘5’ is due to the fact that the sofa in the living area should be replaced; it’s lumpy.

Room Tip: I didn’t request it but was very glad to get a room close to the elevator (related to my health condition).
Stayed: August 2018, traveled solo

Thank you for staying with us. I am so pleased you found our staff helpful and the amenities to your liking. We will be sure to address your concerns. We look forward to your future stay.

Reviewed August 8, 2018

Rooms were okay in terms of size but the cleaning people rarely came to do proper cleaning. The Wifi is absolute garbage, almost entirely unusable with how much latency and how slow it is. 100kb/s or lower - about 600 kb/s is what you are gonna get. Absolutely pitiful in this day and age. The breakfast is the exact same thing every single day with no variance, and the staff don't do a good job of keeping it stocked up. Make sure you bring a good phone service to tether or hotspot because you are going to need it for anything here.

Room Tip: Bring along a solid phone plan
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank justanothertravel759

Thank you for providing feedback, as we are always looking to improve our guest experience. We will be sure to look in to the issue you experienced with our Wifi.

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Ok hotel. Breakfast was pretty good. Standard hotel breakfast. Great location for Mayo appointments. Parking is in one of the Mayo ramps and not at hotel, so be prepared to walk. Drop off area is busy.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business

Thank you for choosing Kahler Inn and Suites. We are pleased you enjoyed our convenient location.