“Excellent for a Mayo Clinic patient”

Kahler Inn and Suites
Ranked #19 of 52 Hotels in Rochester
International Falls, Minnesota
“Excellent for a Mayo Clinic patient”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

This hotel is fantastic! I am a regular patient at Mayo and stay here at least 2 times per year for at least several days. For my last appointment I had to come alone and was scheduled for a procedure that Mayo would not let me leave unless I was accompanied. Kahler, along with Mayo, have a fantastic program - A Ticket to Ride. What a wonderful program and Cory, the bell man, was wonderful!! Thanks to the entire staff!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
5 Thank Laurie H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Bella Vista, Arkansas
Reviewed July 17, 2014

We had a small suite which turned out to be a blessing, as my husband developed pneumonia while undergoing some testing at the clinic. So our time was extended from one week to two and one-half weeks. It was no problem getting the extensions, which was greatly appreciated. We had a small suite - living room with tiny kitchenette and bedroom - very roomy and comfortable and an excellent "home away from home.." I appreciated the free shuttle and the desk's willingness to call a taxi for me on weekends and their pushers taking my husband back and forth to the clinic. Considering all the unexpected time, stress and illness that happened, the Kahler was a good refuge..

Room Tip: If you are staying any length, choose a small or mini suite - the extra room and kitchenette make th...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Barbara H
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
Reviewed July 17, 2014

The location is excellent for anyone having appointments at the Mayo Clinic. We appreciate having the continental breakfast available and the underground parking. I liked the addition of Freshens - food is delicious!!! Cory, the bell hop, is amazing - extremely helpful both times we have been there (April and June).

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Barb G
atlanta
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Honestly I don't know why anyone who is visiting the Mayo Clinic would stay anywhere else. I have been here at the hotel all week in the Jr Suite and couldn't be more pleased. I realize this hotel room is probably the biggest one in the hotel and is well worth the extra $$. There is a separate kitchen with all appliances. There is also a dining table, couch and a very large desk for business. The room contains 2 queen beds. The hotel is only a few steps across the street from the Gonda and Charlton Building. Yesterday I had 7 separate appointments at the Charlton building and was able to come back to the hotel several times during the day. Being able to come back to the room and checkin with my family was a huge plus for me. If I come back to Mayo I will definitely stay here again. The free breakfast included biscuits and gravy, eggs and fried potatoes plus all of the regular continental breakfast items. Very good for a free breakfast! I didn't have any issues with parking and always was able to find a spot in the North lot. If you need groceries there is a great organic grocery store People's Coop a few blocks down. The store is similiar to a small Whole Foods. All of the restaurants were good at the hotel. Jimmy John's was convenient for sub sandwiches and Caribou Coffee was excellent as always. We ate twice at the Crossings Bistro. The Walleye Fish Sandwich was my favorite. BEST TIP-make your reservations directly with the hotel either through their website or by calling. By doing this I was able to check out a day early without penalty and receive free parking.

Room Tip: Pay the extra money for a suite or kitchenette on a higher floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Billings, New York
Reviewed July 2, 2014

So my flight going to Japan was cancelled and the Delta company had us stay over a night in this hotel. The room is clean. Nice place to relax and at the same time to have fun too! in the morning there was free breakfast! A very good breakfast! But, the Delta shuttle bus left me behind and me and my two other friends running late for our flight.. What the General Manager did was he called the Delta company and advised him to get to Airport going to St. Paul Minneapolis. He took care of everything. He assisted us and got us to Rochester airport by Taxi and he was so nice that he paid the transportation for us. P.S good internet connection too! :)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jereica Aiko E
White Bear Lake, Minnesota
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Very happy with our visit. Excellent customer service - thank you Olivia! Clean and comfortable rooms. Great expanded continental breakfast. Love the fact that Mayo clinic is just across the street. Caribou, Jimmy John's, Freshen's and Crossing's Bistro & Bar all right off the lobby!

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank MNdeborahW
Yardley, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed in a suite with my family for a visit to Mayo Clinic. The room had a strange layout, with the bathroom sink in the same room with the beds. This meant when someone got up in the morning everyone was up. The hotel is nothing great, bathroom fixtures are dated and rooms are a bit shabby, but it is connected to Mayo Clinic facilities and less expensive then others with this convenience.

Stayed June 2014