“Great for Mayo Visit”

Ranked #19 of 52 Hotels in Rochester
madison lake, mn
“Great for Mayo Visit”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Right across the street from the Mayo Clinic. Clean room, comfy bed. Subway tunnels connect to Clinic buildings, and downtown skyways. Good continental breakfast, fruit, rolls, cereal, toast, muffins and the like. Reasonalbe price. Free In house parking, or will vouch for ramp.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Bill S, General Manager at Kahler Inn and Suites, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Dear Lakeviewsrm,

Thank you for your feedback on your recentbstay at the Kahler Inn and Suites in Rochester, MN. I notice that you have many reviews on Tripadivsor and that your postive feedback about my staff and your stay is very much appreciated. I look forward to serving you in the future if the need arsies.

Yours,

Bill Seitl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Evanston, Illinois
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I have been a regular guest at the Kahler Inn & Suites since 1988 and am pleased to report that the condition of the hotel and the level of service has improved dramatically during the past year. It has been a convenient place to stay during my visits to the Clinic.

Room Tip: I like rooms on the higher floors on the back of the hotel away from elevators and the ice machine.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Dear 2Alouette78,

Thank you for posting your comments about your recent stay at the Kahler Inn and Suites Rochester, MN. I would like to thank you for all your business over the 24 years you have stayed with us. I will pass on your comments about the service levels we have been able to improve over the last year and I am glad you notice.

Again thank you for your comments and I hope to serve you for another 24 years!

Glenview, Illinois
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Kahhler Inn & Suites (as distinguished from the Kahler Hotel) is connected directly to the Mayo tunnel system. This makes life easier when visiting Mayo overnight. A good value for $100. Otherwise, you have to pay for parking and drive to get to Mayo. You may not feel up to it.

The hotel has recently undergone some renovation, e.g. freshening rooms and speeding up the elevators. "Free" breakfast included. Not the Hyatt, but worht the $.

Room Tip: Higher is better
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Dear kasey1945,

Thank you for your comments about your stay at the Kahler Inn and Suites recently in Rochester, MN. I am glad we could meet your needs and look forward to serving you on any return visit to Rochester MN. I will past along your comments to my staff.

Winnetka, Illinois
Reviewed March 20, 2012

This hotel was a perfect location for visiting the Mayo Clinic. The tunnel system below ground allows you to reach the clinic, hospitals, other hotels, shops, and restaurants without having to dodge traffic or experience inclement weather. The hotel is clean, friendly, and has adequate amenities. I would absolutely book it again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Bill S, General Manager at Kahler Inn and Suites, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
Dear Admiralmick,

Thank you for choosing the Kahler Inn and Suites hotel for your visit to Rochester, MN. I will let my staff know of your comments about your stay with us and how you enjoyed your visit.

Again thank you for posting your comments and look forward to serving you again in the future,

sevierville
Reviewed March 3, 2012

Three months time passes so quickly. We stayed at Kahler Inn and Suites. How could we possible go wrong with impending BLIZZARD warning all over the weather reports?? We
didn't -- Kahler Inn and Suites is the perfect place to stay when visiting Mayo Clinic. After
exiting the shuttle from Minneapolis airport - our feet did not touch slushy snow or cold
breezes. We shuffled about through the subway system for all our appointments and
our 3 month check up. The Kahler is not luxury but it is clean, smells fresh and has good
comfy beds. The shower is hot, the pillows are fresh and the office staff are friendly and professional. The continental breakfast is all you could ask for. That hot coffee first thing is very welcomed. The lady who keeps things clean at the breakfast is so nice and so sweet and makes you feel at home. The elevators are so much an improvement over when we started our 2 year journey at Mayo Clinic.

Room Tip: We stay in the Queen Queen but if you think you will have to stay longer than 2 days then I would go...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Bill S, General Manager at Kahler Inn and Suites, responded to this review, March 16, 2012
Dear Kittyfsevierville,

Thank you for your wonderful comments on the many visits to the Kahler Inn and Suites, 9 3rd Ave NW, Rochester, MN. I am so glad our staff has taken care of you during your many visits to the Mayo Clinic over the past two years. please ask for me on your next visit to Mayo clinic or to the Kahler Inn and Suites. The front desk can find get in touch with me and I personally would like to meet you.

Yours ,

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed March 2, 2012

A good experience-the front desk staff is very helpful and the housekeeping staff were very prompt. I was impressed with how early they were able to have the room ready. It was wonderful to be able to relax in a clean suite in between appointments. Although it is connected to the Mayo campus by tunnels (pedestrian subway) you must walk outside after hours to most restaurants so bring warm jackets. I'm very happy with my experience at Kahler Inn and Suites and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it for those wanting more space. The Kahler Grande is even more convenient and you could probably never have to go outside even in the evening-just not as much room. Hope this helps!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank tpalvr
Dear Drtriffen,

Thank you for your comments about your stay at the Kahler Inn and Suites, 9 3rd Ave NW, Rochester, MN I will let my guest service agents and housekeeping staff know about the very nice comments you said about them during your visit to the Mayo clinic.

I look forward to serving you in the future visits to Mayo Clinic,

Yours,

little falls, mn
Reviewed March 1, 2012

We stayed at this property on Wed., February 29th. Overall I was pleased with the stay. The biggest benefit was the proximity to Mayo Clinic. A 5 minute walk in the subway and we were at our appointment. The rooms were nice and quiet. We stayed in a Q/Q room and it was fine for 3 of us. It had a frig but no microwave. The continental breakfast was adequate- mainly pastries, cereal, etc. The room cost was more than what I could have reserved for in another location, but we were willing to pay for the location. To me, the biggest downfall was the parking. We arrived about 8:30 in the evening and there was no parking available in the attached ramp. We had to park about a block down in a public ramp. They did cover the cost so parking was free, but we had to walk outside for a block to get back to the hotel. It was safe, but if I had been by myself I am not sure I would have been as comfortable. Also weather can play a part in the safety and comfort of the walk. Even with the parking issue, we would consider staying here again due to the cleanliness and proximity to Mayo.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Dear Storm632,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay at the Kahler Inn Suites, 9 3rd Ave NW, Rochester, MN. I do understand your feelings about the parking but we have only some many spaces in the hotel but we have overflow parking as you mention at the parking Ramp next door to the hotel. There is a way to walk into the hotel from Mayo Clinic from the parking ramp, but it is a longer walk then going outside and crossing the street into the hotel. On your next trip back to us the guest service agent can direct you thru the underground walkway from the ramp thru mayo clinic to the Kahler Inn and Suites.

Again thank you for your comments,