“Nice hotel, conveniently located”

Courtyard Rochester Mayo Clinic Area/Saint Marys
Ranked #14 of 50 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed August 4, 2010

I thought this Courtyard was great. Conveniently located off the highway and near the hospital, it is very convenient for many different travelers. The in house restaurant was also decent. Even better was The Canadian Honker, located just a short walk down the street. The hotel was everything I expect Courtyards to be...friendly, clean, nicely appointed, free internet etc.

I had three small complaints. 1) The high speed internet was spotty in my room. I had to be in the lobby for it to work adequately. 2) The matresses are very soft. I had to sleep in the middle of the bed in order to feel like I wasn't going to roll off onto the floor. 3) Parking wasn't free for hotel guests.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed August 4, 2010

This Courtyard seemed to be fairly new. The lobby area was very nice and spacious. The staff seemed nice - they let me check in early, were very helpful in scheduling an airport shuttle, and made coffee for us unfortunate enough to have to be on the 5 AM shuttle. It was in a good location, and there were places within walking distance to eat, both fast food and casual dining.

The rooms were nice and clean. Mine had a little balcony with furniture. The bed was comfortable and had a lot of pillows. I was surprised that the TV was a CRT, but at least there were a lot of channels available. The internet was free, which is not always the case at nicer hotels.

One thing to note, the water is pretty soft there - I don't know if it is the whole town or just the hotel; so don't use too much soap or you will have a hard time getting it all off.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed October 22, 2009

We checked in and were not greeted by the most pleasant person on the planet. The clerk named Ben was curt and not at all friendly. My daughter made a mistake telling time while looking at the clocks on the wall and this Ben had to correct her. The other younger man working with him was very nice however. The hotel was very pretty. Beware that the parking is $4/day however, no mention of this while checking in. The room was gorgeous and very clean. My girls swam in the pool and had fun. Nothing special, just a small hotel pool. They did leave out a couple fun small kickboards to play with though. We chose to eat at Olive Garden so didn't try the restaurant. I'm very used to a free breakfast though so not having that was a bummer. We go to the Mayo Clinic every 8-10 weeks so having a free shuttle there is very nice. The lady upon checkout was also a bit curt and short. No thank you, no nothing really. Just blah. The hotel is great, the employees not so much.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank mkbyrnes
Reviewed September 23, 2009

I recently stayed at this Marriott for a business trip. I had a very clean room, and experienced good service by all staff members. The front desk guy, Dan, and I talked for hours. I had great service in the bar by JB. Nothing like quality food while on the road. I would recommend this full service hotel to any one coming to Rochester.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 29, 2009

Seemingly new, with well-appointed rooms. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Parking is good, though it's unusual to pay for parking in a town the size of Rochester.

Nice restaurant and bar area.

Check-in and check-out were quick.

Rooms were not huge but more than adequate for a solo business traveler (me). The only quibble is with the TV and its placement. Next to the armoire and very difficult to see from the bed, even if one pulled it out on its extension. Kind of unusual these days to see a new hotel without flat panel TVs, too.

Overall, though, a good value and a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 20, 2009

Trusting earlier postings, we chose the Marriott Courtyard. Beautiful lounge, central spaces, pleasant service at registration, easily accessible from Highway 52, easy parking. The room was fine, and very clean as other bloggers have noted. Our only complaint was the bed! We found the mattress too soft...! Maybe we're too picky, but the cushiness of it gave both of us morning backaches. Otherwise, this is a great choice. Easy access to St. Mary's, friendly service to Gonda and other options in down town area.

Breakfast isn't usually included. Rather than visiting the onsite restaurant, we recommend a short walk to Presto Cafe where the food is excellent and the service is warm and friendly. (Prices aren't bad either.)

You'll like everyone in Rochester. They make medical visits almost bearable;-)

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2008

We stayed at the Courtyard for a week while my father was at St Mary's Hospital. The staff was so nice to us. Everyone in the area is friendly. We loved the parking since you just swiped your room key to park. The room is a nice change from the normal hotel room. NIce little accents that are a little different from the normal room. Nice large bathroom. Food was good in the restaurant. I didn't swim but pool looked clean. Nice computer area with double sided fireplace and bar area. I checked out both the Staybridge Suites and the Springhill Suites and by far The Courtyard is the nicest hotel in this area. We also looked at the Kaehler Hotel and it's old & dated. I would stay here again as our visit was so nice during a difficult time.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)