Courtyard Rochester Mayo Clinic Area/Saint Marys
  • Breakfast included
Traveler's Hotel(Rochester)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsmary's hospitalcourtyard by marriottacross the streetsteak sandwichfront deskmayo cliniccovered parkingcomplimentary coffeeroom servicein house restaurantnice hotelwalking distanceroom was spaciousgreat roomlobby areaparking ramphighly recommend this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I am in the healthcare industry and normally stay at the Marriot right next to Mayo when in town on business, which can be pricey. But we were here for a week while my husband was having tests and decided to try the Courtyard. We were not disappointed. Hotel staff was extremely accommodating and we had the fastest check in I have ever had at any hotel - bar none! The rooms are typical Courtyard and appeared to have been recently redone, although the beds were a little lumpy. The Courtyard is directly across the street from St. Mary's, making it a good alternative if you having treatments there. It is about a mile (15 minute) walk to the Mayo Clinic and downtown area, but there are a couple of free shuttles that are easy to catch and the public bus is easy to navigate. This is MInnesota and a mile hike in the middle of winter won't be for everyone. Other reviewers have indicated there was a charge for parking. We decided not to rent a car and took a shuttle from the Minneapolis airport, which I highly recommend if you don't believe you will need a car while in Rochester. If you are here to visit the clinic, you will want to use the shuttles anyway. The Courtyard is a regular stop for the shuttles and there is one that can even get you door to door to St. Mary's across the street if need be. I should note that Rochester is not a taxi friendly town. If you are going to need a taxi, plan ahead. It can take a while to get one - even if you are at the Rochester airport. The Courtyard has a Starbucks on property, along with a bar and grill that is a full serve restaurant. Room service is available. However, I'd recommend the Canadian Honker just down the street (less than a block). It's open for Breakfast, lunch and dinner and has a full bar. So if you are a "Marriot" person, this is a great, and cheaper alternative, to the Marriot downtown. There is also a Marriot Fairfield Inn just down the street from the Courtyard, which is another option if you are on a budget.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
CourtyardRochester, Manager at Courtyard Rochester Mayo Clinic Area/Saint Marys, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thank you for your detailed review of your stay with us here at the Courtyard by Marriott of Rochester, MN. We are pleased that your decision to rent a car and take a shuttle to our property worked out well and relived your from any parking fees. Our fee for parking is quite reasonable however, and compared to our competition, ours is the lowest rate in the area. You mentioned many important factors to consider when choosing where to stay and we appreciate the travel tips you shared for our future guests to learn from. Again, thank you for the review and we hope that you will stay with us again so we can earn a 5 star review!

Reviewed June 6, 2013

I stayed here while my spouse was having surgery at St. Mary's. It is just across the street so very convenient to the hospital. Rooms are fine, clean and beds are nice with newer bedding. There is a complimentary laundry room with 3 washers and dryers on one floor and the front desk provides free laundry detergent so that was really nice also. Parking is $4/day for covered garage parking which is cheap for the area. Lobby restaurant is just ok. Not that it's a big deal, but the elevators are the slowest I have ever encountered, so be patient, you won't get to your room too quickly.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
CourtyardRochester, Manager at Courtyard Rochester Mayo Clinic Area/Saint Marys, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Thank you! We are happy you had a relaxing stay with us while having surgery at St. Mary’s. I will share your concern regarding the slow elevators with management to follow up with. Thanks again!

Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel, beds were fine. Enjoyed the hot tub. No breakfast included, but was able to buy some at the Starbucks counter. The info book for the hotel said the served breakfast until 11am on the weekends, but when I went down to the counter Sunday morning, I was informed by the guy at the counter that breakfast was only served until 10am. He made me what I wanted anyways, but this discrepancy should be cleared up. Overall everything was just fine.

• Stayed: May 2013
CourtyardRochester, Manager at Courtyard Rochester Mayo Clinic Area/Saint Marys, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thank you for the 5 star rating and for choosing to stay with us. I will share your feedback with our management team so they can update the incorrect serving hours for our breakfast. I truly appreciate you bringing this very important issue to our attention, as we want to prevent similar issues from occurring! We hope you will come back and visit us again to show you that we take our guests’ comments very seriously. Thanks again!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The hotel is decorated beautifully, was nice and clean and received a discount because I was having a surgical procedure. However it was still $100 and no breakfast and you have to pay $4 for parking. I thought parking would have been included and that there would have been at least a Continental Breakfast! It was convenient to be across from St Mary's hospital and close to the freeway. Had trouble with getting into the internet so the front desk person came to our room and helped me. Very nice!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
CourtyardRochester, Manager at Courtyard Rochester Mayo Clinic Area/Saint Marys, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your open and honest feedback regarding your stay with us. We are pleased to read your comments about our property and are happy that we could provide a quiet and relaxing environment for you to recover in! Unfortunately, this area is highly competitive when it comes to parking and we actually have a very reasonable price for it compared to other hotels who charge as much as $12 dollars per vehicle. Although we are a full-service hotel that charges for breakfast, we do have packages available which includes breakfast at a nominal fee. I can assure you that our breakfast is great quality and made fresh by a real chef. Again, thanks you so much for choosing to stay with us and we hope to host you again!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great location, right across the street from St. Mary's hospital and easy access from the highway. Parking garage is convenient. The restaurant, "Saints on 2nd" is really good. I've actually stopped to eat there even when I'm not staying at the hotel. Rooms are nicely appointed and clean. Staff is friendly. It's a little pricey, but that's due to the location, right next to the hospital.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
CourtyardRochester, Manager at Courtyard Rochester Mayo Clinic Area/Saint Marys, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank you! It is a pleasure to read your positive feedback on our property and restaurant. We are happy that you found your guest room to be clean and comfortable for you to enjoy and that our team of associates were ready and willing to assist you with a friendly attitude. We appreciate you taking the time to post a review and we hope to host you again!