Courtyard Rochester Mayo Clinic Area/Saint Marys
Ranked #13 of 52 Hotels in Rochester
Olympia, Washington
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

I had a 3 night stay at this hotel. The entire staff was amazingly friendly and helpful. The room was very nice and comfortable.I spent hours at the Mayo Clinic with a family member, and the lounge was a great place to relax at the end of a very stressful day. Our room was stylish and quiet, beds were comfortable, laundry room was immaculate. I cannot say enough about the accomidations. I highly recommend the Courtyard for anyone, especially those needing to go back and forth to the Mayo Clinic.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
CourtyardRochester, General Manager at Courtyard Rochester Mayo Clinic Area/Saint Marys, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you, for the comments regarding your stay. I appreciate the feedback and will share them with my staff.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Montreal QC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

While in Rochester for treatment at the Mayo Clinic, and after spending four nights in a hotel that was depressing, we moved to the Courtyard. Everything was immaculate, the desk staff was friendly and helpful, and we were thrilled with our stay. Wish we had been there from the beginning.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
CourtyardRochester, General Manager at Courtyard Rochester Mayo Clinic Area/Saint Marys, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
I am glad that we were able o make your stay enjoyable. We appreciate the kind comments and look forward to being of service to you in the future
Northern California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

The room was quite large and well decorated. The lounge was comfortable and had a nice menu. The elevators were really slow but that didn't impact my stay. Very convenient access to the highway. In summary, the Courtyard was nice enough, comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank NorCalDaddy
CourtyardRochester, General Manager at Courtyard Rochester Mayo Clinic Area/Saint Marys, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your recent stay. We appreciate the kind comments and look forward to being of service to you in the future.
West Hollywood, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

My father was across the street at St. Mary's Hospital and my mother is confined to a wheel chair. That said the location of this hotel was perfect. The restaurants, front desk, cleaning, everything was fine....except the king bed in my room.

After the first night I asked the staff to turn the mattress and I don't know if they did or not. After the fourth night I turned the mattress myself but to no avail. It was simply an old, cheap, worn out mattress that needed to be replaced. The fact that management knew about it and did nothing is why this hotel rates a zero from me. We had adjoining rooms (mother in wheel chair handicap room) and to change rooms would have been difficult.

Solutions: since the hotel was not sold out they could have offered a new room (they didn't) or offered to bring in a different mattress (they didn't). So for ten nights I slept on the bed from hell. When that happens it doesn't really matter what anyone at the rest of the hotel did because you wake up with a sore back and as such, are grumpy each and every day.

Stay at the Holiday Inn a block down the street towards the freeway (Highway 52) it is brand new and has been open only a month. Rates include breakfast there.

Room Tip: Stay someplace else lest you get a bed from hell.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank David B
CourtyardRochester, General Manager at Courtyard Rochester Mayo Clinic Area/Saint Marys, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences due to the bed in your room. I am disappointed to hear that we didn't correct the situation to your satisfaction during your stay.
I will be checking the bed in this room and making the appropriate changes. But more importantly, I will follow up with our team of asociates to make sure we do a better job of communicating our efforts and offering solutions to our guests. Thank you for sharing your constructive comments. We'll take them to heart and improve as a results.
Northern Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights for the convenience of an early-morning surgery at St. Mary's. Arriving Sunday afternoon, we asked for and were given a quiet room on the top floor. Check-in at the attractive, spacious desk area went fast; all staff were helpful and friendly. Parking in late June was easy and convenient; $4 per day is the same rate Mayo charges with a 10-day pass and is nominal for the convenience. The hotel has been nicely updated throughout and decorated in a modern style. The room was quite nice, very good size, with a nice granite countertop for the microwave/micro-fridge and coffeemaker area; no plastic glasses here. Our room on the east side was nice and quiet. TV was fine, as was the dresser and 1 large closet with another smaller one--lots of hangers, always a plus. Bathroom was large enough and everything looked clean. The restaurant downstairs seemed fine and provided an attractive, if a bit modern/stark, and bright gathering area on the ground floor. Housekeeping requests were honored, and they were able to give me a couple of extra hours to check out. DIdn't have time for the pool etc. For a 5:45 AM appointment just across the street at the hospital, this location was great. Several other restaurants and cafes are within a block or two, as well as a flower and gift shop. Felt like a safe neighborhood and was within a 15-minutes walk to a full grocery store and the great People's Food Coop for those who appreciate local, fresh and organic. Would definitely like to stay here again. Yes, the elevators are not the fastest, but completely adequate. We've also stayed at the newly remodeled Holiday Inn downtown, which is not as attractive or spacious in the common areas or in the guest rooms as the Courtyard, though it is nice as well.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Courtyard Rochester Mayo Clinic Area/Saint Marys, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you so much for telling us about your experiance at our hotel. We are extremely pleased that you took time to share these comments. I will review them with my staff as a reminder of what "outrageous guest service" means. Again, thank you for letting us serve yo.
Hallandale Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

Have stayed in this hotel six times in the past three years, the last time in May, 2012, always when being seen on at the Mayo Clinic as a patient. The rooms are very modern and well appointed with very comfortable beds. The rooms are ultra clean. The bathrooms are a good size though the toilets could use some plumbing updates as a number of times I have been a guest where the toilet runs. The furniture and carpets are very clean. The front desk staff is extremely helpful and nice. There is free and ready access to computers in the lobby as well as Wi-Fi in the guest rooms. Unfortunately there are no in-room safes but there are safety deposit boxes at the desk. The hotel is directly across the street from the St. Mary's Hospital where many pateints are seen as in-patients and as out-patients and there is a very convenient small bus that runs frequently from the hotel to the Gonda main building of the Clinic which is about three quarters of a mile away. Suggest, hwoever, that you choose a room that does not face the mainstreet (2nd Ave.) as that side of the hotel can be a little noisy from vehicular traffic. Overall itis a fantastic Courtyard Hotel that is very well run. By the way, very good daily rates if you have a stay of a week.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank philipmillermd
, General Manager at Courtyard Rochester Mayo Clinic Area/Saint Marys, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Thank you for your continued patronage. Your comments are appreciated and will be shared with our team to allow us to continue to improve our services based on your feedback. Again, thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott
Rochester, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

There's much that is positive. Rooms are updated and comfortable. Staff friendly. Balcony room was nice for fresh air and relaxing. Restaurant food was good (not amazing) and the service was excellent. Hot tub is actually HOT and pool refreshing. Exercise room adequate although they were missing a few free weights. Elevator is s-l-o-w and the stairs only lead outdoors so they're not an option. That said, I liked that the 2nd floor is just parking and that I could go directly from my room on the fourth floor to my car on the second. There's a Caribou coffee a block away which is one of my favorites for coffee and a back street takes you there in seconds. The hotel is a short drive to Mayo Clinic and you can get there on that same back street without having to stop at lights. I thought this place was a great value for the money. Just wish they could ramp up that elevator!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
CourtyardRochester, Manager at Courtyard Rochester Mayo Clinic Area/Saint Marys, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
Thank you for taking time to share your observations with us. It is from your feedback that we can enhance our guest's experiance and learn where our opportunities are. We will ensure any missing weights are replaced promptly in our fitness room. We will also share the positive comments you had of our property with our team. Again, thank you for sharing your comments and for staying with us.