“Great food and great service”
Review of Newt's

Newt's
Ranked #7 of 304 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Newt's has outstanding hamburgers especially the "Works". Their fish tacos are really good as are their onion rings. Never had a bad meal here!

There are newer reviews for Newt's

Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Location isn't great. The entrance is located in an alley-like atmosphere in the middle of patio seating of another restaurant. Then you have to climb steep stairs, similar to a fire escape. The inside is small and stuffy, air conditioner couldn't keep up. We were fortunate to get seated immediately. The server was efficient but never smiled. Their signature is to bring you a bowl of popcorn to eat shortly after you are seated which us unique. I ordered one of their most popular burgers, The Marvin Burger. It was okay, the meat was tender and I liked the chipotle sauce but the bun was soggy. My spouse ordered the same burger and it was so salty that he could barely eat it. The fries were nothing special. Not sure if I would go back.

1  Thank Jackson1967
Reviewed June 19, 2014

I liked the place. They serve you popcorn when you first come in. I got a cheeseburger and it was great. Wait staff was very in tune to us. I would god back again.

Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

Stopped here for late lunch/early dinner. I ordered a fish sandwich and upon recommendation from our server my husband had the Marvin's Burger. My husband said the burger was very good . Fish sandwich was good but a little too large for me to finish! Popcorn is served as soon as you sit down. Daniel was a great server!

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Went for a late lunch: grilled chix sandwich with a side salad, hold the bread. The chicken was seasoned really well which impressed me for a "special" order (no bun, no onion, no tomato). The chix was a little overdone and skimpy, but better than underdone and too big. The salad was wonderful though served a little oddly (covered dish).
The best part was the service, hence the fourth star. Waiters were enjoyable and chatty enough. Smiling the whole time I was there. I'll definitely stop in again.

Been to Newt's? Share your experiences!