“Great burgers!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Newt's burgers are phenomenal. The only suggestion I would make is to warn that they cook on the rare side. Make sure that when you order a "Med Well" burger that you specify that you want zero pink or you will get a med rare hamburger.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Had a chance to go here. Had a delicious burger and some of the best onion rings. It was so good we want a second time the next night. This time we had the nachos which were great and piled high. If you have a chance definitely give it a try.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Newts is known for their burgers! But the fish taco's at the North location rock! Great bloddy Mary's also!

Reviewed February 16, 2014

There is a reason they were voted best burger 10 years in a row. The assortment of burger options is great and the pile of fries you get are hand-cut and awesome. Treat yourself to an ultimate bloody mary which comes with a burger, hard boiled egg, bacon, etc. piled on top!

Reviewed January 22, 2014

I've eaten here twice while my husband was visiting Mayo. Both times, the burger was outstanding! I don't remember what it was called, but it had tortilla chips and what I believe was homemade guac. Yum!!! We'll be returning to Rochester in March, and I expect that we'll be right back at Newt's.

The atmosphere isn't what I would call upscale. It's a hole in the wall, where popcorn has been ground into the carpet over the years - but what do you expect when you're eating a giant greasy burger?