“Good burgers”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We both got the burgers. They make a good home made burger. They give you popcorn while you wait. It tasted good too.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Casual dining, great burgers, really big burgers
With creative toppings. Excellent margaritas!
Waiter and waitresses are generally young and enthusiastic.
My daughter loves the juicy Lucy...which is a hamburger stuffed with cheese.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Some says it's the best in town. Good fish taco too. They have free all you can eat popcorn. Too bad I never care for popcorn...

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Try not to eat so much (free) popcorn before your meal, because the burgers are big, and good. You'll be glad you saved a little room.

The Reuben is worth a try, too, although when I had one a week or so ago, it was way too salty. That has not usually been the case, however.

Fish tacos are another interesting, and good, choice. I can't identify the fish, but in a taco, does it really matter?

Service is friendly, but generally not all that attentive. Never mind. Just get up and refill your own popcorn basket, if you run out,

Reviewed May 27, 2013

After researching TripAdvisor for restaurants in the downtown Mayo Clinic area, we decided on trying this place based on the really positive / rave reviews about their having the best burgers in town.

We visited on a Saturday during Memorial Day weekend and it was pretty crowded with what looked like locals - which is typically a good sign. We seated ourselves at a smaller table in the bar (smallish bar area has a few high top tables) and then asked our server if we could move to one of the two open booths - for which he was hesitant to let us move to as they were expecting another party of folks to show up (which we never did see). They took our order and failed to deliver our appetizer until after the meal - for which having CheeseBread for dessert seems a bit silly and just incorrect order-wise - so they offered (without us asking) to take it off the bill (which they did). The service is so-so - they are quick at refilling the soft drinks but not at the other aspects of the service --- as there are several younger staff folks working (which leads me to believe that they employ a bunch of high school kids/or college kids). The food is so-so - I have had much better Juicy Lucy's at Matt's Bar and at the 5-8 Club in Minneapolis. For nearly $10 - I thought it was a bit pricey for what it was and it was pretty cold when it was finally delivered to the table, which I think is a bit tough to do on something that is supposed to have molten cheese in the middle. The fries were cold, too - and overdone and greasy to the appearance and taste. The Reuban was OK....it was nothing special and it again came with the same cold and overdone fries. I would recommend dining at the City Café below - - where the service is much better and the options, too.

Been to Newt's? Share your experiences!