“Oriental Salad is delicious.”
Review of Michael's - CLOSED

Michael's
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The "Classic American Restaurant" has been serving quality steaks and fresh and innovative seafood for over 62 years. The "New" Michael's now proudly run by third generation restaurateurs, Michael, George, James, Laurie and Barbara blends a combination of established traditional steakhouse cuisine with current cutting edge foods and new culinary trends to create an ever-evolving dining experience for our guests. This will mean healthier, more organic salads and vegetables, sustainable wild-caught fish and seafood, and a larger selection of prime/high choice, natural and grass fed meats. Enjoy a daily lunch, dinner, a special business meeting or romantic occasion in one of our many warm and inviting dining rooms. Please join our new and longtime patrons who have enjoyed many fond memories over the years as dining guests in our restaurant. Michael's a "New" Classic American Restaurant.
daytona beach
“Oriental Salad is delicious.”
Reviewed August 3, 2010

My dad and I went to this place for the first time. The waiter thought she recognized my dad as a doctor, but when she realized it was our first time she switched us to a "better room". We split an oriental salad (we're European and eat small portions) and it could technically feed 3 of us. That salad was delicious and the price is very good (less than $9)! :o) We'll go there again.

Stillwater, MN
“Very good choice for lots of reasons”
Reviewed June 11, 2010

The food, price, decor, service, parking, location make this a ++
Their early bird special menu ( about 8 selections) gives diners a chance to enjoy a great meal at an even better price

Rockford
“A Chicago Supper Club Feel in Rochester, MN”
Reviewed May 8, 2010

This is very close to Mayo Clinic so it is a handy restaurant to visit for dinner if you are in the area. The food is very good. The Greek gyros dish was excellent - nice to have some good Greek food for a change! My other family members liked the T-bone steak and the beef skewer was good as well (apparently the rice was wonderful). The atmosphere is like a Chicago Supper Club, sort of dark with lots of wood paneling. Service was excellent!

1 Thank IL-Snowbirds
Minnestoa
“Best place for seafood and steaks”
Reviewed January 26, 2010

We've been to the Mayo 5 times this year ( for a total of 24 nights) and we've have tried a lot of the restaurants in the downtown area within walking distance from the Mayo Clinic. We keep going back to Micheal's for dinner. I've eaten there 11 times in the last year. I have had their Steak and Lobster for ~$26 on special 3 times. It is a real 8 oz. filet mignon and a 6-10oz. lobster tail. With it, I got a baked potato and the spinach salad. I had the creme brluee for dessert. My husband typically orders the lobster only for the same price when they have it on special and loves ther esspresso and baklava for dessert. Every time, the entire meal was cooked to perfection and the wait staff was excellent. We did try them for lunch one time and it wasn't as good, but maybe it was what I ordered. I have several doctor friends who also say they always go there when visiting. The atmosphere reminds of the old fashioned supper clubs of the 60's and 70's. There are several different rooms with different atmosheres. Dress can be casual or formal. My husband were's bib's all the time and they never treated us any differently than the expensively dressed doctors. I have also found it's a good thing to make reservations. The wait times vary if you don't, but we've never waited more than 20 minutes. Also, their menu and specials are online.

2 Thank pacaplace
RightHere
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mystery twice baked potato”
Reviewed December 7, 2009

The petite filet seemed more like a rib eye than a filet which was pretty fatty. Cooked ok and the flavor was good. However, the salad left much to be desired as it was spinach and mushrooms thrown on a plate served up with a side of congeled dressing in a cup. Both the augratin and twice baked potato dishes tasted like they came right from the 70's drenched in velveeta cheese served up casserole style which ended up mostly untouched. The atmosphere was ok and could use a modern day makeover.

1 Thank RightHere