“Great restaurant!”
Review of Michael's - CLOSED

Michael's
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The "Classic American Restaurant" has been serving quality steaks and fresh and innovative seafood for over 62 years. The "New" Michael's now proudly run by third generation restaurateurs, Michael, George, James, Laurie and Barbara blends a combination of established traditional steakhouse cuisine with current cutting edge foods and new culinary trends to create an ever-evolving dining experience for our guests. This will mean healthier, more organic salads and vegetables, sustainable wild-caught fish and seafood, and a larger selection of prime/high choice, natural and grass fed meats. Enjoy a daily lunch, dinner, a special business meeting or romantic occasion in one of our many warm and inviting dining rooms. Please join our new and longtime patrons who have enjoyed many fond memories over the years as dining guests in our restaurant. Michael's a "New" Classic American Restaurant.
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Michael's is classic, fine dining. The saganaki was a treat and the steaks were so tender and flavorful. The wait staff were very attentive. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Rochester!

1  Thank judy0502

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We have had to bring our daughter to Mayo twice. A year ago we were here and Michael's was amazing! Our daughter was very sick the first time we can and unable to eat much but she loved the food at Michaels. For the first time in a long time she actually ate more than a couple bites. The owner came to our table and we told him this and he told us that anytime of the day even if they weren't open to call and he would cook her a meal. He went above and beyond any other Restaurant we have been too! A year later we return and it we were greeted with the same hospitality! The food was absolutely delicious which was no surprise! The owner greeted us as we entered, came to our table several times, and made sure that my husbands steak was corrected. We have been to several restaurants that have messed up our steaks but never have we had anyone take the time nor effort to go the extra mile to not only make sure it was corrected but to genuinely apologize and make sure we enjoyed out meal. Most restaurant apologies are in no way sincere you are just another person but his was. Not only is the food wonderful but so is the service. The atmosphere is friendly and relaxed. I will return every visit not just for the food but for the staff and the owners kindness as well. They have left a big impression on us every time we have gone. I want to thank them for providing such an amazing place for us to go during such a stressful time!

1  Thank MomfromBama
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I actually visited here twice in one week. You feel like you've walked in to a 70's era supper club. Many of the staff are family members and take great pride in their restaurant. The food is very good with a nice variety to the menu. Both evenings I had steak and seafood. My steak was cooked exactly to my taste each time. Service was attentive and kept a close eye on my water glass. Always appreciated when you don't have to ask. Did not have room for dessert but the offerings looked good.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Walked in @2:20pm. Not much going on. 2 tabeles with people. The hostess was eating a salad then she noticed me. Greeted me and said follow me. On the way to the table I said "you can give me that salad and we will call it even" she said what and I repeated myself - just try to have some fun on a very hot muggy july 19th day. She said in an off key to have a lunch. Bad attitude. The waiter was top notch. Left him a $6 tip for a $10 food.

Told the hostess on the way out that whatever she is angry about ti get over it and be thsnkful she has a job

1  Thank Filepe57
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Every time we go to visit the inlaws we wind up at Michaels. This is a really great steakhouse that feels frozen in time, and that isn't a bad thing. Eat in the "library" section to see the really nice mini classical art museum that makes up that dining area.