“Good, but”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Michael's - CLOSED

Michael's
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: The "Classic American Restaurant" has been serving quality steaks and fresh and innovative seafood for over 62 years. The "New" Michael's now proudly run by third generation restaurateurs, Michael, George, James, Laurie and Barbara blends a combination of established traditional steakhouse cuisine with current cutting edge foods and new culinary trends to create an ever-evolving dining experience for our guests. This will mean healthier, more organic salads and vegetables, sustainable wild-caught fish and seafood, and a larger selection of prime/high choice, natural and grass fed meats. Enjoy a daily lunch, dinner, a special business meeting or romantic occasion in one of our many warm and inviting dining rooms. Please join our new and longtime patrons who have enjoyed many fond memories over the years as dining guests in our restaurant. Michael's a "New" Classic American Restaurant.
“Good, but”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Yes, Michael's is good food. And after two meals there, I have nothing to complain about except the slightly high prices, but there are a couple of equally good, if not better restaurants nearby. It's not exceptional, so I won't go there again. I suspect Michael's has become such an institution it's the go-to place. Try a few others!!!

Visited April 2013

Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
“Ordered the New York Strip - Medium Well”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I had been referred to this restaurant by a Mayo employee as one of the best places in Rochester for steak, so I tried it out. I ordered the New York Strip Medium Well, it was more like Well Done, tasteless, tough and dry. I even tried steak sauce and it was so horrible I just could not eat it.

I would say next time I will order it Medium, but I don't think I will go back. There are too many other choices in town. Also the service was not all that great either. One of my dining partners ordered the crab cakes and she said they were salty and not good either.

• Visited April 2013
Rochester, Minnesota
“Great Steaks.”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Steaks aged and hand-cut in their on-site butcher shop. Amazing.
Old school accompaniments, great bartenders and wine list.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank KLMintz
Silvis, Illinois
“Great Restaurant!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I ate there for the first time while visiting my husband's family. Wonderful atmosphere, excellent service and food. I ordered a steak well done, cooked perfectly and still tender. I will definitely eat there again.

• Visited March 2013
Rochester, Minnesota
“Old world castle ambiance serving savory tastes of Greece and American standard fare.”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Try this downtown gem if you haven't already. My 2nd time eating here and it's great. The clientele may be a bit geriatric, but don't let that stop you from getting a table. We recently ate here on a Saturday night, didn't have a reservation but were seated immediately in the large high ceiling dining room with large wood beams, white linen tablecloths and very comfortable chairs. The room also has framed art, antique sideboard and soft lighting. Pleasant staff round out a classic dining experience. We had the Caramelized Scallops and the Garides Tourkolimino entrees. The soup, salad and bread were also excellent. The wine selections are not extensive or worldly but good enough for enjoying with any dinner. Even though reasonably busy we were served timely and attentively. The scallops were prepared perfectly and the garides dish had succulent and very tasty shrimp.
Outside there is free valet parking under a roof so you don't need to be concerned about circling for a parking spot and you get out of your car right at the door to the restaurant. NICE!

• Visited April 2013