“A Tasty Treat”
Review of Michael's - CLOSED

Michael's
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: The "Classic American Restaurant" has been serving quality steaks and fresh and innovative seafood for over 62 years. The "New" Michael's now proudly run by third generation restaurateurs, Michael, George, James, Laurie and Barbara blends a combination of established traditional steakhouse cuisine with current cutting edge foods and new culinary trends to create an ever-evolving dining experience for our guests. This will mean healthier, more organic salads and vegetables, sustainable wild-caught fish and seafood, and a larger selection of prime/high choice, natural and grass fed meats. Enjoy a daily lunch, dinner, a special business meeting or romantic occasion in one of our many warm and inviting dining rooms. Please join our new and longtime patrons who have enjoyed many fond memories over the years as dining guests in our restaurant. Michael's a "New" Classic American Restaurant.
Marengo, Illinois
“A Tasty Treat”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Wow!! If you are looking for a cut above the rest-- Michael's is a top notch place to eat, Great steaks and seafood!! I only wish they were open on Sundays.

Georgetown, IL
“Average meal that was overpriced.”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We went here with the intent to have a steak but ended up with pasta because of the price. Their cheapest steaks were more than what I wanted to pay. The food was alright but average. I would not order the dessert here again because you got a tiny piece for the price. Just not a favorite of mine.

1 Thank sailorwife23320
Austin, Texas
“Enjoyable dining experience--”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

After winding our way through the maze of subways and skyways from our hotel to Michael's, we were not disappointed in what we found. Paneled library-style dining room with a fireplace and comfortable tables and chairs made a leisurely early dinner very enjoyable. A Manhattan and Martini added to the delight. Steaks were recommended, and my filet mignon was prepared to perfection--very tender, medium rare as I like it, but it had a very bland flavor. My husband's wall-eye was battered and fried very well, but was also very bland. I suspect it is a regional preference. The meal was very reasonably priced, and all in all, we had a good experience at Michael's.

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I visited Michaels in Rochester MN to celebrate my sister's birthday on Jan 15, 2013. We requested a quiet area and were seated in a beautiful area which we felt was special to us. Since we had a friend with us who needed a walker for stability, the staff was careful to place us in a larger area where we would not be bumped or disrupted in any way.
Food was superior. We (3) ordered different entrees and each of us was delighted with the presentation, indulgence, and taste. Waitress was patient, responsive, and very courteous.

• Visited January 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Michael's”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Was not my favorite place to eat when I visited Rochester. Once was enough. My colleague who was with me had a similar opinion.