Sok Dee Authentic Thai Cuisine
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

We were in Rochester while on a road trip. Glad we Found Sok Dee. We arrived after the rush so service was fast. the owner even came out to greet us and bring a complimentary plate of his delicious beef jerky. We eat a lot of Thai food and We thought this was quite good. My husbands curry dish was beautifully presented. Service was friendly and good. Only downside is they don't have their beer & wine license yet, it will be approved soon they hope. They have only been open 3 weeks so they are still working out the kinks. Be patient the food is worth it.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

After the long anticipation of this restaurant, failed attempts of opening (they would open then closed) finally was able to try it. I wasn't expecting the service to be great since the news was that it took forever to get your food. Hoping that the "delicious food" would compromise on the long wait, the food was terrible.
It was very busy and you could see the chaos going on. We walked in with plenty of others following behind and none of us got greeted, not even a hello we will be with you shortly. They would really benefit off of having a hostess and a waiting area. There were so many people clogged up at the entry that it was difficult for people leaving to get out.
We were seated at a wobbly table, which being a new restaurant is a bit shocking (they do have really great decor there). The waitress took forever to take our order, which she then got wrong! After receiving the order dish (Beef noodle soup/Pho) I was really disappointed. Probably the worse I have tried. There was so much MSG and the broth was soo dark you weren't able to add any of your own ingredients to save the dish. We ordered with shrimp and no shrimp. We actually sat down next to a group of people we knew and they were missing shrimp from their dish. After having a co-worker try the food dining in, she got chicken instead of shrimp. Not sure what that is about but maybe they shouldn't advertise shrimp if they never have any? We did make the waitress aware of this but then she still gave us the check for with shrimp, which we then brought it up again and she gave us a free dish.
What really bothered me is hearing the waitresses talk to other tables and give their sob stories on why their food took to long. I think it's one thing to acknowledge and apologize about the wait another to stand at a table for 5 minutes explaining how you are trying your best. Then here are the other tables still waiting to get their orders taken or get their checks. You can literally see the bickering at the cash register if you are sitting at the right spot and it's just a mess!
I'm sure some of their other food is decent considering there is not another Thai place in town. But they possibly need a new wait staff. I would like to give this place another chance but I don't think that is happening, unless I order to go 2 hours ahead of time.

1  Thank Lavishlifestyle
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Thanks to Sok Dee for breaking the 5 long years of Rochester being deprived of a Thai restaurant. Mango Sticky Rices all around.

And follow up thanks for displacing the god-awful Far East Fusion. May the memory of that restaurant's horrible food be relegated to the dark, dank corner of forgotten history.

Finally to Sok Dee. The food was good. Not spectacular, but it was good. The pad thai tasted like pad thai. And the curry tasted like curry. So thumbs up. We look forward to sampling the rest of the menu.

This was the first week they were open so there were some kinks (service was a little uneven, the menu had scratched out items--for instance, sadly the pork satay disappeared---and taps didn't work (but they do serve beer and wine, so no complaints). Nothing major. Just the minor glitches of a new restaurant. I'm sure they will get worked out.

We'll be back.