“Outback Steakhouse Excellent Experience”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #58 of 304 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Went here with my sister and brother-in-law. We were looking for somewhere to eat outdoors, and after trying a few other places that were booked solid, we came here. I am so very happy that we ended up here. It was my first time at an Outback, while they had both been to Outback before.

The food was fantastic. I haven't eaten at a lot of steakhouses, but I thought it was delicious. I tried some of my sister's food which was great, and my steak was fantastic. The veggies were very good. The whole meal was amazing and I would go back here again and again.

Service was out of this world. Hands down best service I've ever experienced. We were told to seat ourselves outdoors, and we did so at a table that hadn't been cleaned. When one of the staff came over to ask if we wanted our bill, he seemed genuinely upset that no one realized we had just sat down. Within 5 minutes, they had 4 guys come over to clean the table. This initial server (or manager?) checked on us 4 times throughout the nice. He wasn't intrusive, but very politely and sincerely asked if everything was good and if we needed anything else. Our server was a very energetic, friendly, and knowledgeable young woman who knew her stuff when it came to the menu and wine list. She also checked on us several times and refilled our drinks when she saw we needed it. If that wasn't already awesome service, the manager came by towards the end of the meal, introduced himself, and made sure everything was good for us. None of this was overdone or felt overbearing because of the genuine care the staff and manager(s) exuded.

This was one of the best dining experiences I've had. Yes, I've eaten at some pretty nice restaurants with my sister and brother-in-law, but this had to be one of the best dining experiences. I would definitely go back again and again, and I highly recommend it to others.

1  Thank Diane W

Reviewed July 15, 2012

The atmosphere of this restaurant made me dizzy within a few seconds: the loud music and the darkness of it made me sick! After we were seated we ordered three steaks with sides and drinks. One of the steaks was tough, and, when the manager stopped by to ask how everything was, my wife told her that our daughter's steak was tough. The manager made a comment that implied that my wife was lying about the steak, which we found unbelievable and extremely insulting and wrong! The steak WAS tough! The manager finally agreed to offer serving us another steak. A good manager would not treat their customers in that manner. The service was also very slow.

2  Thank Enrique T
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We've had good service and also poor service to where I had to find my own napkins and ask twice for silverware. I really do enjoy their steaks and have yet to have a less than great meal. Their dinner salads are awesome and I always order green beans with my steak, superb! Copius amounts of food at reasonable prices.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

we had the most awesome staff. our waiter was friendly, efficent and very accomidating. The food was good with a reasonable price. Even our seater, and the people that brought out appitizers, to the bus boys were all just so friendly.

1  Thank missyloy
Reviewed June 16, 2012

The title of the review pretty much covers the food and wait staff.