Residence Inn Rochester Mayo Clinic Area
Ranked #25 of 50 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed August 29, 2014

Very clean hotel - one BR suite had great layout - friendly and helpful staff - direct underground access to Mayo and shops, restaurants, etc. - would only stay there if I ever went back to Rochester.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Theluckyducks K

Reviewed July 17, 2014

We loved our stay! We walked in our room and were in awe of how clean and updated it was--best place we have ever stayed at! The room couldn't have been more perfect. The next morning I was impressed with continental breakfast...it was hard to choose what to get because there were some many delicious options! If you need a nice place to stay...this is it!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Trisha H
Reviewed July 13, 2014

First of all let me say, we were not there for pleasure, we were there for medical reasons. This hotel is connected to the subway tunnel, that connects to the Mayo Clinic buildings, this was very convenient, did not have to deal with outside weather. We stayed in a one bedroom unit. It had a bedroom, bathroom, living room area and small kitchen area. The kitchen had a small table, a sink, a refrigerator with freezer, micro wave, two burner range and a dishwasher. The cooking supplies were limited, but there were dishes, glasses and silverware for four. The kitchen supplies and appliances were clean, which is not always the case with food areas. We appreciated the fact that we could put out the do not disturb sign and they would not bother you. With a number of early morning appointments, we would return for rest time during the day. We saw the housekeeping young lady in the hall and gave her our used towels and picked up clean ones. She supplied us with whatever we needed without interrupting our needed rest time.

They serve a hot breakfast every morning, which was very nice with delicious choices! A few mornings my husband had early morning tests, which he needed to fast for, we would dish up our breakfast, put it in our refrigerator and heat in our micro wave when we returned. Very covenant. They provide a hot evening meal two nights a week, Monday and Tuesday, which we found delicious and convenient. Soda and coffee is available in the lobby area all day. Fruit was also available for a snack.

Shuttle transportation to the hospitals and airport are also available from this hotel. They have indoor vehicle parking also available, at an extra charge, which we used.

We found all staff friendly and helpful! During a difficult time this hotel location and offerings were very helpful!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Connie E
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We had a 7 day stay in Rochester and the Marriott Residence was perfect for us. It is connected by underground walkway to the Mayo Clinic - VERY handy when it is cold, rainy or snowing! The staff was friendly and helpful. They even went to the grocery store and filled our grocery list and stocked the en suite refrigerator!! The room was spacious, a separate bed room, tv, sound insulated with connecting bath. The main room had a sofa bed, tv, small but adequate kitchenette. Clean and modern. No road noise.
The complimentary breakfast was nice and varied. Unfortunately, there is no restaurant but an adjacent hotel along the "subway" had both a restaurant and coffee shop. Area restaurants deliver to the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank pttuva
Reviewed May 27, 2014

The rooms are comfortable and very clean, but I'm sure that's true of a good many hotels in Rochester. What sets the Residence Inn apart is incredible customer service. Granted, it is the only hotel my wife and I have (twice) stayed at while in Rochester, so I have no basis for comparison, other hotels could only hope to match to service we received while there. Extremely helpful and friendly staff. I could spend several paragraphs recounting all the positive encounters we had, but the last one sums it up: I was on the verge of missing my flight home, and had called all three taxi services I had numbers for trying to get a ride to the airport. No one could pick me up in time. In a panic, I asked the front desk manager to help me call any other services that might could get me there on time, but she struck out as well. Finally, she just looked at me and said, "I'll take you myself." I was still trying to get over the shock when she pulled her vehicle around to the front of the hotel. This lady went above and beyond the call of duty and was late getting home to her family that night, all to take of care of her guests. My poor planning should not have been her problem to deal with, but she made it her problem and I made my flight. Good service meets a customer's expectations, but stellar service takes a customer's reasonable expectations and blows them out of the water by delivering on a level totally unimagined. If you are in Rochester, stay at the Residence Inn.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Corey S
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Very convenient clean and comfortable. The staff was always there, they were friendly and helpful. Good place to stay while at the Mayo Clinic and it is on the "Subway", or the underground walkway to the clinic so you don't have to brave the weather.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I stayed here for business for 5 nights in May 2014. The hotel doesn't look like much from the street, but my room was great. There was a kitchenette, a living area, a bed area, a dressing area and a bathroom. A large flat screen tv swivels to watch it from both the living area and the bed. The drawbacks for this hotel were: very small gym, no pool, outdoor parking was on the next block, no restaurant in the hotel. However, being there for business, I wasn't looking for a few of those things (although a larger fitness room would be nice), and they offer a very nice buffet breakfast. It is a block from the Mayo Clinic and there are lots of restaurants and shops in walking distance. If you a looking for a great, comfortable room, this is the way to go. I am planning on staying there agin for my next trip in June.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business