Residence Inn Rochester Mayo Clinic Area
$279
  • Pool
$149
  • Breakfast included
Super 8 Rochester Mayo Clinic Area(Rochester)(Great Value!)
$67
$64
$119
Comfort Suites Rochester(Rochester)(Great Value!)
$89
ComfortSuites
$125
$118
Hotels.com
GuestHouse Inn & Suites Rochester(Rochester)(Great Value!)
$85
All reviewsindoor parkingfull kitchenone bedroom suitefront deskmayo clinicmon wedtemperature controlledunderground walkwaygas fireplacegreat hotel and locationliving areahealth issuespedestrian subwayconvenient accessother hotelslong termtwo blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We came here for 4 days and stayed 2 weeks. Very convenient location linked to the Mayo via the tunnels, good breakfasts, helpful staff. The Manager even drove us to St. Mary's hospital for an appointment we would have missed when we missed the shuttle. Very kind and thoughtful.

It is an unusual atmosphere because many/most folks staying there are either sick or with someone needing treatment. I think it is fair to say that this group, including my family - was higher maintenance given these circumstances. The staff seem to sense this and really accomodate all as best they can!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Newly renovated, very carrying staff, great breakfast. I have stayed at this motel multiple times and is my very first option when I need to be at the Mayo Clinic. Indoor parking when available is a huge benefit as well as subway connection to Mayo so never need to go outdoors if weather is not enjoyable. A MUST if you are going to the clinic!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Over the past year I have stayed at the residence inn in Rochester , MN several times. Every time I enter this hotel, I know without a doubt my stay will be great. The staff is helpful and accommodating, hotel is always clean, breakfast is great, rates are explained and never any hidden fees. I have never had a bad experience at this facility and will continue to stay here anytime I am in Rochester..

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I have been staying at Residence Inns for years and it has always been a good experience. I also used to work for the company in the early days. The wasy this gorel is run would be a dissappointment for Mr. Marriott. The rooms are tired, the rates are exremely high for the area as well as for what you get. On top of that the customer service was below standards. I know that they capitalize on people coming in for the clinic but how sad that they are driving rate and revenue at the expense of very sick people. Being an industry person who works for a company that is one of Marriott's top clients, I will not being staying at a Residence Inn again and may second guess any Marriott product. When I asked the front desk for a later check out, i was given one until 1:00. But then needed another 30 minutes due to finish drying my clothes. The FD clerk had to "run it by" the General Manager before allowing me to extend. This showed me that the front desk could not make a simple decision with our checking with the General Manager. How sad that there is not freedom to allowing front line employees to make such simple decisions. I saw the GM a few times and he never smiled and was not very welcoming. So it all makes sense that the other employees did not appear to like their jobs and were almost fearful. Sad, sad, sad. This hotel is very overpriced and takes advantage of the ill people coming in for treatment at the clinic. It's just not a business approach that works in my business world. Act more like you want to serve the client and offer value for the prices you charge. It is really very simple and I won't return to this hotel ever again. They also charged me a $100 non refundable dog deposit. This is ridiculous !! I know for a fact, even if they had to do a deep clean, shampoo the carpet, it does not cost $100. it is just another way that they build revenue in an unethical way. I would not suggest staying at this hotel unless you want to get ripped off and treated like you are in their way. Just so not a good experience. :-(

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank judy k
RSTRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Rochester Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

It also needs to be noted that this guest was a former employee with our company and requested a lower rate for that reason. We are very competitive in our market and check our pricing regularly so the statement that we take advantage of the ill is coming from someone who did not get there way on the rate and also tried to sneek in there pet and not pay the fee.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I have never been treated worse by front desk staff at a hotel. The gentleman there in the evenings is not only rude and condescending, he also smelled like he hadn't showered in days.

I arrived and wasn't greeted, there was a note saying that the front desk staff was gone and to go to the Hearth Room to find them. The Hearth room wasn't marked, nor was there a sign for it's location. I picked up the phone and it rang for 3 minutes before someone picked up. He said he'd be down in a bit and did come down in a couple minutes.

I was not greeted as a platinum member, thanked for my loyalty or offered my check-in gift -- this is absolutely unacceptable.

He also assigned me a parking spot that was already taken and when I came back in to get a new spot, he had disappeared again. Another phone call, with extended ringing, and he wandered back down to get me a new spot. He didn't say a word and just glared at me as if I was a colossal interruption in his life. The new spot on the ticket was not the number he told me verbally, but I parked there anyway.

The next day several of the other staff apologized for him, so this is not a new or unknown problem.

None of this is acceptable in a hotel stay, least of all with guests who stay over 100 nights a year in Marriott properties. My girlfriend had a similar experience the night before, but I'll leave that to her review.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Patrick P
RSTRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Rochester Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

We pride ourselves on Great Customer Service and we are sorry this guest did not feel this way. We value your comments and will strive to improve on the items you suggested. Thank you