“Opa! Opa!”

Opa Opa
Ranked #100 of 305 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Good greek food. The lamb shank was absolutely outstanding. Superbly spiced and cooked to a turn. Kabab sampler plate was pretty good. The lamb kabobs on the plate were the best. The flaming cheese was explosive and the presentation was a kick!

Reviewed December 18, 2013

I ate here on a freezing cold night. I felt like I was being welcomed into a friends house. My waiter was attentive and knowledgeable. The choice of food is large. My meal was OK, not bad, just not real Greek food as I know it.

1  Thank Rabbit1945
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Someone who greeted me at the door sounded like Cheech Marin the whole time he was talking to me. "What's the matter, man?" "Why you lookin' so sad, man?" "Aw man, aw man....." It was like a cheech and chong movie. I was a regular here, but after listening to that jargon I may not be back. Maybe I AM sad. Maybe I'm dying. How uneducated and rude to talk to people that way.

3  Thank ikeyhummers
Reviewed September 5, 2013

"Husband & I had a craving for gyros, so we decided to check out those advertised at Opa! Opa!. We were surprised at how small the place was, but once the food came out we were amazed at how wonderful that was! I ordered the regular gyro pate with egg-lemon soup, and husband ordered the "Spicy Gyro" ("After all, how spicy can it be?"). We both ended up just shaking our heads at each other -"Wow!" My egg-lemon soup was rich and flavorful - I want the recipe! And dear husband, who is all about HOT spices, relished every bite of his "Spicy Gyro". We agreed that the combination of seasoned beef and lamb meats contributed a lot to what we considered to be superior gyros.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Very tasty, good enough value. Service was excellent. I had a service dog and there was no problem with that.

Been to Opa Opa? Share your experiences!