“Great service, average food”
Review of Opa Opa

Opa Opa
Ranked #105 of 302 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Greek
Indian Land, South Carolina
“Great service, average food”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I ate here on a freezing cold night. I felt like I was being welcomed into a friends house. My waiter was attentive and knowledgeable. The choice of food is large. My meal was OK, not bad, just not real Greek food as I know it.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Rabbit1945

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Good food, but doesn't seem too Greek in there.”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Someone who greeted me at the door sounded like Cheech Marin the whole time he was talking to me. "What's the matter, man?" "Why you lookin' so sad, man?" "Aw man, aw man....." It was like a cheech and chong movie. I was a regular here, but after listening to that jargon I may not be back. Maybe I AM sad. Maybe I'm dying. How uneducated and rude to talk to people that way.

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank ikeyhummers
Canon City, CO
“Great Greek food!”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

"Husband & I had a craving for gyros, so we decided to check out those advertised at Opa! Opa!. We were surprised at how small the place was, but once the food came out we were amazed at how wonderful that was! I ordered the regular gyro pate with egg-lemon soup, and husband ordered the "Spicy Gyro" ("After all, how spicy can it be?"). We both ended up just shaking our heads at each other -"Wow!" My egg-lemon soup was rich and flavorful - I want the recipe! And dear husband, who is all about HOT spices, relished every bite of his "Spicy Gyro". We agreed that the combination of seasoned beef and lamb meats contributed a lot to what we considered to be superior gyros.

• Visited August 2013
Omaha, Nebraska
“Good food”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Very tasty, good enough value. Service was excellent. I had a service dog and there was no problem with that.

• Visited June 2013
Rochester, MN
“What a great place! I love it!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The food is great, and the people who work there are so nice and genuinely friendly. The cooks even look happy back there. What a neat place, great Gyros. I've been meaning to sample the rest of the menu and I will soon.

• Visited July 2013