“The Right Place to Stay”
Review of Brentwood on 2nd

Brentwood on 2nd
Brentwood on 2nd
Ranked #44 of 52 Hotels in Rochester
Becker, Minnesota
“The Right Place to Stay”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I spent two plus weeks in Rochester while my husband was at Mayo Hospital, St Mary's Campus.
Brentwood on 2nd was the ideal place to stay - most conveniently located and everything I needed was right there. The staff, and especially Rob, was most accommodating. Thank you!
It's so nice to have a restaurant/bar on the premises and I did not miss a swimming pool or exercise room, as I spent my days at the hospital. Free parking was wonderful and I didn't need to drive to the hospital as I simply walked across the street....safe to do any time of night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel, as it will be quiet. Street side can be a bit noisy on del...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Mary G
BrentwoodManagement, Manager at Brentwood on 2nd, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Mary G:

First of all, I would like to thank you for staying with us during your visit to Rochester. Secondly, I would like to thank you for all of the wonderful comments! Convenience, cleanliness, and the best staff are all the things we strive for, and are of utmost importance. I am so very happy to hear that we were able to provide you with everything that you needed from the restaurant, to the convenience and proximity to the hospital.
Thank you again for staying with us and for the kind words. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Rochester.

Brentwood on 2nd Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Cordova, Tennessee
Reviewed January 20, 2014

The hotel has been completely refurbished, it is great. The staff including the housekeeping folks are very friendly and helpful.The free parking was a plus and the daily $5 off certifacate at Charlie's restruandt was very helpful. The City Cafe is only open for lunch, but it it great. The only concern I have was the airconditioner was open to the outside, if the wind was in the right direction, West, it was cold near the windows. We had to waste a lot oftheir energy for heat to compensate for that. I brought it to the desk clerks attenion and he said he would pass it on. Being accros the street from St. Mary's is a real pluse, no shuttle to take or wait for. I was in the hospital for two of the five nights we were there and I had no concern for the safety of my wife.

Room Tip: We asked for QUIET ROOM and we got it On the backside of the long section along the North South Str...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
7 Thank PamandDon
PamandDon:

Thank you so very much for your stay with us at the Brentwood on 2nd. It is really great to hear that things went so well for you while in Rochester. I am also very happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of all of our great amenities including our two restaurants on site, the breakfast coupon, and our free parking. We are very lucky being right across the street from the main entrance of St. Mary's Hospital, as our guests really appreciate being able to walk. We do have a shuttle as well if need be. Also, thank you for your suggestion regarding the air conditioners. The way the building is built, it may be difficult for us to make certain changes, but we do appreciate the concern!
Thank you again for staying with us and your excellent review. Please be sure to stay with us again the next time your in Rochester.

Brentwood on 2nd Management
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed January 4, 2014

My daughter and I had a full week of appointments at the mayo clinic, we didn't know Rochester at all and picked Brentwood on 2nd for our accommodations. I thought it was closer then it was to the mayo clinic, however their shuttle service daily was excellent. It doesn't look like much from the outside but once we entered we were pleasantly surprised, the lobby was clean, and bright, our room was very clean and comfortable, and the staff was excellent and very helpful. The restaurant had excellent meals at reasonable prices. If we have to return to Rochester I will for sure be booking at the Brentwood on 2nd again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank glenda403
Amy R, General Manager at Brentwood on 2nd, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Hello;

Thank you very much for writing such a flattering review of the Brentwood on 2nd! I appreciate you taking the time to comment on our accommodations.

It's always good to hear that our Guests find their rooms exceptionally clean and comfortable. We truly take pride in the cleanliness and freshness of our hotel. Our free parking and free shuttle service to downtown is an added plus for all our Guests as they don't have to worry about driving downtown and paying to park.

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed Charlie's Eatery & Pub while you stayed with us. We are very fortunate to have a full restaurant and bar right off the lobby. This is such a great convenience for our Guests!

Should you happen to be in the Rochester, MN area again, the Brentwood on 2nd would certainly be happy to welcome you back!

Goldfield, Iowa
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Staff is outstanding, rooms are super clean and rates were very reasonable. Free off street is a special consideration. Brentwood on 2nd made my stay in Rochester with my husband in St Mary's so much less stressful. I knew that when I got back to my room, I would be comfortable and could get a good night's sleep. Charlie's Eatery and Pub downstairs offers terrific meals and even has a small cozy bar area. I cannot stress enough how clean my room was - and great pillows! (I hate flat pillows!) Thank you Brentwood on 2nd to all your staff! I would like to come back and be able to stay just for pleasure. Merry Christmas!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank SteveandNancyW
Hello Nancy;

Thank you so much for your very favorable review of the Brentwood on 2nd!

I am so happy to hear that during a stressful time, you found our hotel and Staff to be welcoming and friendly. It's also very good to hear that your room was comfortable and clean. Our staff work very hard to make sure each Guest room is impeccable considering the majority of our Guests are St. Mary's patients or their families.

We are very fortunate to have ample free parking considering our close proximity to St. Mary's Hospital. Our Guests truly appreciate it as it's one less thing to worry about.

I am also pleased to hear you enjoyed Charlie's Eatery & Pub! It's a great restaurant and so convenient for our Guests.

Should you have to return to Rochester, MN in the future, the Brentwood on 2nd would be more than happy to welcome you back!

Happy New Year!

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I have traveled all my life for business and all over the world on vacations, but this is a one of a kind hotel! Friendly staff, Great restaurant, Unique little bar, and a truly care free stay.

This was my first and hopefully only trip to Rochester Minnesota. I was scheduled for an operation at St. Marys and had several appointments at the Mayo Clinic downtown. I found the Brentwood on 2nd online. The person who took my reservation was great, they took the time to answer all my questions and help me understand a little more about where my appointments would be. St. Marys is just across the street and I took the free shuttle to my appointments downtown.

The room was reasonably sized with all the creature comforts you could need right in the hotel. Very clean, nice and modern, and the prices were just about the lowest I saw online in the area.

Every time we had time to waste the front desk was able to help us find something to do. One of the front desk clerks (Ron??? Rob???) was great!! He knew what to do in town, where to eat, and was very knowledgeable of local history and history of the clinic. We weren't just given directions, he helped us find things that we would like, was able to tell us about them from personal experience, then gave us printed directions.

Like I said I don't plan to come back to Rochester, but I know where I will always stay if I need to.

Room Tip: They were building something across the street so it was a little noisy in the room. Nothing the hot...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Don K
Hello Don;

Thank you so very much for writing such a shining review of our hotel!
It's a pleasure to hear that on your first, (and hopefully only) trip to Rochester, MN, you chose Brentwood on 2nd for your accommodations.
I feel very fortunate to have the helpful, friendly staff that I do. We truly are committed to making every Guest's stay an enjoyable one. We understand that some Guests will have "down time" between appointments so we try to keep well informed of various local interests so we can assist Guests in finding activities they might enjoy.
Charlie's Eatery & Pub is a great convenience for our Guests and I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the cozy bar as well.

Should you ever need to return to Rochester, MN, the Brentwood on 2nd would be pleased to welcome you back!

Warm Regards,

Moneta, Virginia
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Here to visit relative who is at Mayo hospital. Very clean rooms, pleasant staff, reasonable rates, with a nice restaurant and even a small bar. Not fancy, very basic, but all you need when you may have to find someplace to stay during an unpleasant time.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Susan36384
Amy R, General Manager at Brentwood on 2nd, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Susan;

I really appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review of the Brentwood on 2nd! It's good to hear you found our location so convenient and that your stay was pleasant considering your need to be in Rochester, MN. We get lots of compliments on our restaurant, Charlie's Eatery & Pub. It's nice for visitors to have an in-house place to relax and unwind.
I'm very fortunate to have exceptionally friendly staff who really care about each Guest and do their very best to ensure each room is thoroughly clean and comfortable.
Should you need to visit Rochester again, please be our Guest at the Brentwood on 2nd. We'd be pleased to see you again!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed November 26, 2013

My family and I were here for surgery at St. Mary's. This hotel is so convenient, the staff so friendly and the rooms are clean. The front desk employee even made me coffee at 3:30 am because I asked. Great customer service. Would definitely stay at the Brentwood again!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Robyn C
Hello Robyn;

Thank you for taking a moment to write such a very flattering review of the Brentwood on 2nd. The Staff and I take great pride in our hotel and truly want each and every Guest to feel welcome and comfortable in a very clean and lovely room while they are staying with us. We understand that the majority of our Guests are, like you, here for medical purposes and not a vacation so we do our very best to ensure each Guest is comfortable. I'm so fortunate to have such a caring, friendly staff and that they made you feel "at home."
The Brentwood on 2nd definitely has an excellent location to St. Mary's Hospital. Visitors can't get any closer without actually being admitted! It makes it very convenient for family who have loved one's in the hospital.
Should you ever need to return to Rochester, MN, the Brentwood on 2nd would be more than happy to be your "Home Away From Home" again.