“what a great find!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #44 of 52 Hotels in Rochester
Indianola, Iowa
“what a great find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

My friend and I just returned from Rochester after having an appointment at St. Mary's. Having not stayed at Brentwood on 2nd before, we found our stay to be wonderful. Our room was immaculate and the bathroom was so very clean. The bedding was very nice as well. The restaurant was another surprise because the food was home made!! I will tell all of my friends who might need lodging in Rochester to stay at your hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank pianogal1214
Amy R, General Manager at Brentwood on 2nd, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Hello;

Thank you for taking the time to review the Brentwood on 2nd on TripAdvisor!
As General Manager, I welcome all feedback from our Guests. I am so pleased you felt welcome and comfortable while staying with us. Our Staff truly values each and ever Guest. We strive to make sure each Guest has a clean, comfortable room and that you feel at home while staying with us.
Again, I appreciate you taking the time to review the Brentwood on 2nd and I hope you will stay with us again when in Rochester, MN.

Warm regards,

Amy Rowe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Britt, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

My young son had surgery and a three day stay at St Mary's Hospital. I found this motel on our second night stay. My only regret is I wish I would've found it for the entire stay! The price was quite affordable. So affordable, I was surprised when I walked into the lobby and found it clean and updated. I was even more pleasantly surprised when I saw how nice the room was! Very clean, comfortable, and relaxing. The location was a blessing to a mom who felt secure being only a few minutes away. You are literally right across the street from the hospital. My husband spent the night in the motel while I stayed in the hospital. During the day I could go to the motel for some rest and relaxation. The staff was very kind and accommodating. Thank you for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Brenda S
Amy R, General Manager at Brentwood on 2nd, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Hello Brenda;

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Brentwood on 2nd!
I am so happy to hear that you felt "secure" and comfortable staying at our hotel while your young child was in the hospital. Our location has been a blessing to many parents in your situation.
Our Staff really cares about each and every Guest experience and we do our best to make everyone feel comfortable in a clean, welcoming environment.
Again, I appreciate you taking time out of what I'm sure is a very busy schedule to write such a favorable review of the Brentwood on 2nd.

Truly,

General Manager.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

Great value. Change of ownership really makes a difference. The rooms are great! Vety comfortable beds, and blankets. It has two places to eat and also has a small inviting barthat has the feel of home. I will be back for sure!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank timerobert2
Amy R, General Manager at Brentwood on 2nd, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to write such a favorable review of the Brentwood on 2nd. I am very pleased that you were so pleasantly surprised by all the changes! We receive many compliments on the remodeled rooms. Guests really appreciate that the rooms are so comfortable and inviting. It is very encouraging to hear from Guests who have stayed here in prior years as you can really appreciate the changes we have made. I'm pleased that you also enjoyed the restaurant, Charlie's Eatery & Pub as well as the bar while you stayed with us.

I certainly hope you will come back and stay with us in the future. The Brentwood on 2nd is committed to making every Guest's stay a comfortable one.

Warm Regards,

Erskine, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

Nice, clean and across the street to St. Marys where shuttles come by all day to take you to other appointments. The resteraunt in the same building is all homemade food at good price! Staff nothing other than amazing! One suggestion bring a coffee maker to your room as they are not provided. Free coffee is rare to find. However you can buy a good cup of coffee at the attached eatery. They also have a little Pub if you need to get away and relax, have some popcorn, watch sports, and have a toddy with very kind people. We will be returning for future medical appts.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank TracyL L
Amy R, Manager at Brentwood on 2nd, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Hello Tracy;
Thank you for taking time to write a review of our Hotel. Your comments are greatly appreciated!
I am very pleased that you found the Hotel comfortable, clean and convenient. It's also great to know our Staff took good care of you! We strive to make every guest feel welcome.
Charlie's Pub & Eatery really is a great asset to our property and I'm happy you enjoyed not only the food but the atmosphere as well!
Should you or any of your family need to return to Rochester, we would love to have you stay with us again.
Enjoy the Thanksgiving Holiday, Tracy.

Many Thanks,
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

I spent 3 1/2 weeks at this hotel at a discounted mayo rate. Covenient location ight across the street from St. Mary's Hospital. The staff was friendly. The room was nice and clean.-- just recently remodeled. The mall fridge, microwave and flat screen TV were a plus. I enjoyed the $5 daily restaurant coupon. Used it each day for breakfast. Highly recommend the hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank Tom B
Amy R, Manager at Brentwood on 2nd, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Hello Tom;

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Brentwood on 2nd.
Every member of our Staff is committed to making each of our Guests' stay a comfortable one!
I am very pleased that our convenient location to St. Mary's Hospital gave you one less thing to worry about while staying in Rochester and that you found the newly remodeled rooms comfortable and always clean.
We appreciate you staying with us while you were in Rochester and hope to see you again in the future!

Truly,