“Best sushi in Rochester, great family venue.”
Review of Ichi Tokyo

Ichi Tokyo
Ranked #27 of 306 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

I have been here several times, and I don't know why I continue to be surprised by how great my experience is. The sushi (especially the Ichi Tokyo sushi plate) is delicious and a great value. They have meals available for vegetarians that are actually quite good, and meals available for children that are also good. Even when fairly crowded, the service is quick and friendly. They even have lollipops at the door for the children.

Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stopped at Ichi Tokyo for dinner one night when we were in Rochester. We are around 5 PM and found that they had a happy hour special were the standard rolls were $3-4. My wife and I had 3 normal rolls, 2 orders of crab rangoons(some of the best I have ever had) and one specialty roll. Our bill was under $30. For good sushi, it was a great deal. The food is really good and if you come early or late, the prices are incredible. Check the website for times, but if you come outside of normal hours it is an incredible deal.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

My husband and I were on the way back to Iowa and looked for somewhere to eat that was good food, but would not take forever, as it was Saturday night around 8. I saw the sign when we were on the street, and mentioned it, and he turned in. Being in a little strip mall, I had my doubts, but we went in. Very nice place, got right in, the chairs and booths are very nice and cushiony. The waitress was friendly nice. We both got the special which was Filet with a choice of side meat, which we both chose lobster. (20.00 each) It was all pretty fast and the filet was cooked perfect, medium rare. The rice was just ok, not the best nor the worst fried rice I have ever had. We have a Sakura near us, so are familiar and eat Japanese quite a lot. All in all, we were very happy, and if we happen to be in Rochester again, I would eat there. Nice atmosphere in restaurant. I don't know what Ichi mean, but to us Americans, we were pronouncing it Icky. Could of picked a better name, being you are in the States and in Minnesota, should of been more toward your target audience.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I went to threre for lunch buffet and it was very good. Atmosphere and service are above average. Shrimp tempura was the simply the best.

1  Thank rage0277
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I have visited this sushi restaurant twice while staying overnight at a hotel down the road. The first time, they had this amazing sweet potato roll... it was fantastic! They didn't have it the second time I visited 6 months later, however. The staff is very friendly.
I'll definitely get food from here again.