“Better Than McDonald's”

Five Guys
Ranked #57 of 303 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Service was prompt, burger was good, lettuce was fresh and crisp, fries were tasty, although I would have preferred them without the peelings. I wouldn't mind eating here again.

There are newer reviews for Five Guys

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Didn't think their burgers deserve all the hoopla. For a chain they are decent -- better than Macs, etc. They do have great roasted peanuts though.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

So we were in Rochester for the weekend and on night one we drove by this place and my husband said, "We HAVE to eat there! I've heard so much about it and it sounds so good!" Twenty minutes later. . . we were having dinner.

Aside from us, there were only about five other people in the place. When we walked in I was surprised to see that the menu literally was just burgers and fries. . .and hot dogs. I thought it was a bit pricey for what seemed like a "fast food" type of joint, but that was before I took my first juicy delicious bite.

We both ordered the cheeseburger. Mine had onions, tomatoes, lettuce, and mayo. . . .my husbands had everything on it. I would opt for the Little Burger next time. Their normal burger has two big patties of beef. Ugh. So filling.

The highlight however, was the fresh french fries. Crispy, fresh, salty, deliciousness! I could have just had fries and been happy! We ordered a small ($2.99) and it fed both of us with a few left over! BIG portions folks!

All in all, it was a man's dream come true. . . and as far as my ladies perspective goes. . .it was a delicious burger and fries for me too!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Newts and their bland, dry meat may claim to be the best, but this place is the king. For a chain, they do a great job and the staff is always friendly and attentive.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Service was sub-par. Burger ws falling apart due to the grease that was soaked through the packaging before it even got to the table.

1  Thank Carrie K